Subject Author Posted Replies

3 jaw chuck-problems-(was Charles)
Hey fellers, I got a 16mm 3jaw chuck-bought it real cheap--now I know why as you tighten the chuck with key it gets fairly snug, but--you can keep turning the key and it doesn't get any tighter---the...

Lathe rebuild
I was quoted about 400-500 dollars if I bring in my lathe bed, to have it reground. The bed is relatively worn (carriage drops about 0.002 inch near headstock), and the rest of the lathe is not. I am...
36
36

VFD squeal
I'm trying to reduce noise on my water bin dump water pump... I installed a VFD this morning. Had to remove it immediately because the pump motor got a new high pitch squeal. Anybody know why a VFD...
9
9

Delta-Rockwell 8" Homecraft Table Saw acquired
My father (who is 87) is closing down his house and moving to assisted living, so he gave me his table saw, which I grew up with. The construction is cast iron and mild steel (table and mechanism) and...
2
2

Easy Digital Readout with presets
Wanted to update on my ezdro. There was discussion about being able to load a number into the unit and the count start from there. They have updated their web site, and their unit now allows the...

Unique Expanding Table
This took some skillful design as well as fabrication. Impressive. Pete
2
2

3/16" rod aluminum
I have a piece of 3/16" rod aluminum,what is the closest size threading die I can use. Is 10-32 allright?
4
4

good deal tooling package
Just hit my email inbasket. For those of use with a lathe with a faceplate but without a collet closer, a collet vise can be bolted to the face plate for short parts. A square/hex tumble block fixture...

delta drill press table
Is there a replacement table for the 17-925 production style drill press table? I'd like to replace it with a round table with the "X" slots? Thank you.
3
3

Charles
Hey fellers, I got a 16mm 3jaw chuck-bought it real cheap--now I know why as you tighten the chuck with key it gets fairly snug, but--you can keep turning the key and it doesn't get any tighter---the...
2
2

A rhetorical question
I have a casual acquaintance who I respect for one of his areas of expertice. Besides that knowlege, he claims to have been "a machinist for decades". He's of retirement age now. Recently, he...
22
22

pump design help
My apple water bin dump uses a .5 horse 3 phase 220 VAC motor attached by pulleys and belt to an outboard motor prop in a tube to pump water. Maybe 1" head at 100+ GPM. I just measured the current...
19
19

Cordless drill/tool that doesn't lockup when trigger released?
I need to propel a 6 inch wheel at about 5 mph. So I need a cordless drill or any light cordless tool that is geared to about 400 rpm. Unfortunately, the thing cannot include a device that causes...
24
24

How good is this shea/brake
Harbor Freight shear/brake have any experience/input on this little guy? It is big enough for my needs (now), and 1/3 the price of its big brother. Thanks Flash

laser layout optimumization
I just got off the phone with "the kid". He's moved jobs again. he's now programmer - engineer - lead for the laser and CNC press brake department. There are four CNC lasers running 24 X 6+. Among the...
17
17