Subject Author Posted Replies

Norton H5720 Surface Grinder
It's for sale near me. Doesn't look like it's under power in the picture. Reasonably clean, but not pristine. Description says it's hydraulic. I haven't had much luck finding information on it via...
1
1

Smartflix
I just had a look at my first rental from them: Intro to milling. Well worth while. I have read about a lot of this stuff, looked at pictures but nothing substitutes actually seeing it done. Now I am...

PING: Ned Simmons
Greetings Ned, I don't know yet if using encoders and a servo motor is the best way to go for matching spindle speeds. I have had success doing a bench test using one servo motor as the master and a...
3
3

Litebulb ripoff?
Several weeks ago I was contacted by phone by a person who said he represented Handicapped & Disadvantaged Employment of Phoenix AZ. He told me they were selling long life lightbulbs for $5.00 plus...
55
55

Drill Bit Wingnut
Sorry if this is off subject. I am looking for a drill but to screw and unscrew wingnuts onto a screw. Has anyone ever seen one? Where can I find one. Thanks,
6
6

Heat treating 4140 rivet squeezer yoke
I'm building a 4140 3" rivet squeezer yoke out of 4140. Here's a couple of pictures as examples: Yoke itself - on squeezer - think of machining the profile from 1/2" bar stock, drilling the holes, and...
5
5

Protecting a "puck with cable" on the roof from elements
I want to play with a "Garmin 18 LVC" GPS, for the purposes of keeping extremely accurate clock (sub-millisecond). Garmin 18 LVC is a little puck with cable coming out of it, that can be used for very...
11
11

Referral to excellent thread on acetylene behavior
There is a thread on that RCM'ers should read. The subject is the behavior of acetylene under pressure & the significance of the magic 15 psi. Peter Fairbrother explains it all. The thread is titled...

OT: DNA test
I there a simple (cheap) DNA test for siblings? There are 3 brothers, one is trying to grab the entire estate of the parents, but that one looks and acts much different from the rest of the family....
5
5

Space garbage
(AFP) - The US shuttle Atlantis faces nearly twice the risk of being struck by debris on a mission next month to the Hubble telescope, due to the high levels of space litter floating at the altitude...
12
12

Hammond 1590BB diecast metal box origin
I recently bought a Hammond 1590BB diecast metal box for a project. The box is imported. Guess where it was made? Has to be some low-cost area, right? I thought stuff like that had to come from...
3
3

Solid Plastic Tools
I'm looking for a solid plastic screwdriver.I have to open a laptop,and I don't to use metal screwdriver because it scratches the plastic case.I tried google but I only come up with plastic coated...
15
15

need Surface Grinder help
Hi. I have an old "Abrasive Machinery Company" model 3B at work. It's big old monster and does OK, but the X feed is pretty fast and it has a plunger on the gear box below the manual X feed wheel that...
5
5

Fancy wire rope ends?
I was rather surprised to see some rather nice looking wire rope terminators at Harbor Freight this weekend, like so: ?itemnumber=96892 at less than $10 each, it's quite the bargain for stainless. But...
51
51

Diesel Story
Interesting short film for us old timers only. or TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL http://tinyurl.com/5bx6pz http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1213922369