Subject Author Posted Replies

batch or command file help
I need to search my whole computer in all folders for these files and delete them. I'm trying to make a command file to automate the process. The commands below will do one drive. I'd like to improve...
15
15

Very OT: a good range day
High today was in the 60's, but it was still in the mid-50's midmorning. The northern sky was so blue it was purple. When I'd gotten up to pee earlier, there was a blazing orange sunrise over Priest's...
13
13

Supertherm info?
I know Supertherm has been casually mentioned here in connection with container buildings so I'm wondering if anyone's actually looked into it in any detail? Seems all the web sites that tout it want...
2
2

Spot drill redux
Spot/center drill follow-up Several posters in the recent spot/center drill thread indicated an interest in using spotting drills to both spot and countersink/chamfer the drilled hole. I just received...

Machinist tools for sale
Selling tool and die making tools as part of my Dad's estate. All tools are located in Mississauga, Ontario. For more info / pics please visit Alex http://www.ve3gop.com/dadstools
4
4

Similariites Betwixt Super Shop and Unimat 3
Similarities betwixt and between Smithy's Super Shop and Emco-Myer's Unimat 3: Two column bed ways Table saw mode Potential for self-reproduction? Does anyone here know of more similarities? I ask...
4
4

Making a Motorcycle Engine
Has anyone seen a home built, viable, IC engine? Specifically a single cylinder motorcycle engine typical of the early 1900s. Not the fastest in the world, just viable. I know it can be done, because...
13
13

Cutting steel plate
I found myself in need to cut 1/2" mild steel plate today. The cut was about 4-3/4". I tried first with my only reciprocating saw which is 18V cordless and a Lenox 18 tpi blade (the only one I had on...
45
45

VFD braking
After installing the brake resistor and messing with my 1 HP drive on the Bridgeport... Here's something I do not understand. Depending on frequency and belt ratio, the drive would have a differing...
2
2

{OT} Ping Karl Townsend - need a Pocket Apple Variety Refetrence List
And I figured it might be of enough general interest to others that I should ask it here... Hey, Farmer Karl: Got a simple .txt list I can put in my Palm (or you can use an iPhone or other PDA if...
12
12

Braking resistor on a Bridgeport
So, I have a 1 HP Bridgeport on a VFD. The time has come to install a braking resistor. I had it for a while, but wanted to install the DRO first. With the DRO, and wiring better organized, installing...
10
10

Cruis'n Rulz! up and Running!
I finished the engine top end o/haul, a complete photo essay on my website at: Engine Overhaul in the boat pic section. JR Dweller in the cellar...
1
1

Chuck Adaptor for Rotary Table
Hi I have bought a new rotary table (6" vertex with 3 slots), where can I find plans on howto make an adaptor for a 3 jaw chuck from my lathe to fit my rotary table? Or altenately buy an adaptor?...
4
4

Played with the lathe today Clausing 6903
Today, I adjusted the clutch/brake, installed the side covers, hand wheel for spindle and basically finished off the restoration. Still need to reverse phase on the motor since fwd / rev is backwards....

Rotary table/indexer
Alright folks , I got the gear book (gotta brush up on my math !) ... and I got some messed up gears on the lathe that need replacing . My research indicates that the most flexible setup (though not...
11
11