Subject Author Posted Replies

Need a tap for a Sturmey Archer thread
I am having trouble finding a 13/32" x 26tpi tap. This is the thread size for a Sturmey Archer rear axle. Anyone know if these are available in the USA? Lewis. *****
5

PICTURES -- Uniq 3 axis DRO on my Bridgeport
It seems to be working fine. It actually has three axis X,Y,Z. Since I have a readout on the quill already, that gives me readings along all sliding parts. I mounted the VFD on the same arm for...
7
7

hard steel
Hi all. I'm trying to make a hit and miss engine from plans. I went down to the local steel supply company the other day and bought a remnant of 1" X 6" X 26" plate. Asked for and was told it was hot...
11
11

ENCO Free Shipping Code
How does one find out the free shipping code for Enco? Thanks! Jim
4
4

OT: To Boeing union
As a machinist with 40 yrs experience, I have avoided unions like the plague. A strike at this point seems ill-advised, EADS is taking over the 100+ seat market. Boeing has a 275 billion dollar...
5
5

Copy a website
Been using it for years. Works on MOST websites, though not all. Gunner "Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it, or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't...
17
17

Thoughts for the day
Thought 1: "Welding rod machines pretty nice" Thought 2: "I must be demented, or have low standards" Thought 3: "Never again will I buy a Smithy"
5
5

Ta-Da! a 6-month design bears fruit!
One huge problem I've had is feeding flat wire into machines. For years, I've used a feeder design that used spring-loaded pinch rollers on 1-way clutches cycled back and forth with an air cylinder....
12
12

Sept 6th Industrial Yard Sale
To the folks around SoCal this could be your chance for some real bargains. Industrial Tool Sales has just moved and uncovered numerous items of tooling that need to be liquidated. i.e many end mills...
1
1

FA - shameless promotion of this L00 mount 3 jaw chuck
8 inch 3 jaw chuck, made in England - here's the link eBay Mobile

Manual for Sears scrollsaw anyone?
Does anyone have a manual for an old Sears,Roebuck Scroll Saw model no. 103.0402 that they could scan and email me? This is a "rescue" from the local dump, cleaned her up and oiled her and she's ready...
6
6

Well quit - trouble shooting
SWMBO is NOT HAPPY. The well just quit running and we've got no water. its a standard submersible unit. Folks with a good memory know that I installed new wiring out to the unit about a month ago....
18
18

Small welding blanket
I would like to buy a small welding blanket (maybe 5x5 or so). The purpose of it would be shielding flammable stuff from welding spatter. I am a little dazzled by various choices, for example on...
8
8

Question about CNC lathes
This just for my curiosity, I'm not about to go CNC. I assume that the lead screw is controlled independently of the spindle, with its own motor, not through a spindle-linked gearbox. Or, is it linked...

wrong way butch
A shop safety film from the fifty's on TCM. It was on this morning. The bandsaw part was scary. Don't see a repeat today. It was nothing new to us. Just makes you pay a bit more attention and not get...