Subject Author Posted Replies

Report- was drilling hole at 20 deg
Interim report (2nd post, the 1st apparently didn't go thru) My origonal plan was to have roof rain water fill the cistern, but there was a problem. The north side of my roof is partially shaded by a...
13
13

fs - bandsaw blades
metal cutting blades, old, but in box, unused - I have four 8 ft 2" X5/8, two 8 ft 9 inch X3/4,, all are 10 TPI "regular" - $5 each plus shipping, free shipping if you take them all. how's that for a...

OT: house of cards collapsing?
As indicates in prior postings, a major economic danger is the implosion of the CDS or "credit default swap" market, on which most of the remaining value of CDO [synthetic structured residential...
34
34

Indexable insert end mill
Well , when I used the same material as the writer ... I was successful . Testing to happen as soon as I can get a #6-32 shcs to hold the insert . The article I got the plans from is on page 66 of HSM...
3
3

Harbor freight crane jack leaking
The hydraulic jack on my crane has two problems: 1) it leaks around the small (pumping) cylinder 2) When I open the valve, it opens too abruptly, so the crane drops instead of going down slowly, I...
18
18

Pre-anodized aluminum sheet?
I know I've seen this before but can't find anything now. Does anyone know of an online source for small quantities of pre anodized aluminum sheet? I believe it was .040 material or so and smaller...
2
2

are there any tricks to recycled plastic as a DIY exercise?
necessity is the mother of invention and all that. I need a 6 inch length of 20mm dia plastic and cant find a local supplier that I can get to in lunch breaks. I was looking at the stack of coca cola...
8
8

Roll up door installation question
In my relentless efforts to make the County happy...I have to close off one end of my carport.."no one driving by wants to look at those ugly machines" (end exact verbal quote of lady inspector) I...
44
44

Pulley system vs geared system
I am designing a power transfer system for a platter. Which of the two systems, pulley are geared is the best for transferring power with the least noise and vibration but will still be able to run...
3
3

Sanding shapers
Does anyone use the drum style sanding shapers on a table that woodworkers commonly use? I'm going to make some large pieces out of 1/8' and 16-22 ga, and will need some dressing up on not so tight...
8
8

Grinding belt holder
In my post about my new HVLP sprayer, I said that I tried it on a sanding belt holder. This is about that belt holder. When I built my belt grinder, I bought a bunch of belts and had to store them....

HF HVLP turbine-gun kit
I just got the $80 HF turbine/gun kit (not conversion gun): (That link shows it as $90, but catalog #44677-2bpa is $80.) I took some 35 year old paint (from back when they made the good stuff) and...

Proximity sensor application
I know little about proxys, the only time I have used them they just attached to a counter. I want to have a 3' vertical track that a standard 5/8" washer slides up and down. A wire will pass through...
10
10

Vacuum generator venturi - any made one?
I want to try putting together a quick vacuum generator that runs off compressed air (run of an 8 gallon tank up to 130 PSI. I'll be using it for desoldering so I think I want a reasonably strong...
19
19

Good news on a couple of fronts
Doctors say my condition is stable, but they will do CATs every six months. In the meantime, I'm supposed to do what I was supposed to do all along. No salt, watch cholesterol, watch blood pressure,...
15
15