Subject Author Posted Replies

Chinese Diesel Generator
A couple years back there was a long string about an import special diesel generator plus someone had a web site describing his trials with it. Google just isn't getting it for me, any help? I've been...
16
16

Train trip -- Midwest floods
The amount of land stil flooded after midwest floods, is like a smal country. I did not realize just how much was flooded, homesand cars abandonded, etc. sorry for typos
4
4

Optimum L/D ratios for endmills?
What is the optimum L/D ratio for an endmill? I'm asking about the cutting portion. For turning 4:1 L/D seems to be normal for steel. An endmill being seriously relieved would seem to to have a lower...
17
17

Welding cable bracket
Now that I have my workbench done I started on my first welding project with the new Miller Millermatic 180 MIG welder. It's a simple bracket I can mount on the wall behind the welder to hold the...
13
13

5/16-27 threads
I was looking to buy some bore cleaning brushes to clean out small holes, have some in .38 cal. Well I found out the larger shotgun bore brushes have a 5/16-27 thread on them, thought this to be very...
18
18

I am on Amtrak Zephyr going to California
It actually looks nice and comfortable so far. The trip should take 2 days. I am traveling with my 7 year old.
15
15

Best way to un-weld pipe?
I've got an old fence I want to salvage some pipe from. It's a two rail fence made out of 2 3/8 drill pipe. I've cut the top rail off of the uprights, but I'm left with a short stub of pipe welded on...
20
20

metalworking vids
Aimed toward homebuilt aircraft but applicable here. http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1431564069?bclid=1432790122
3
3

WARNING Ebay & PayPal
This is a new policy: Ebay and PayPal has started up to a 21 day hold on payments made to you by PayPal. They will hold your payment until you receive a positive feedback from the buyer. Or if you get...
15
15

Homemade CNC 2 spindle lathe question
To All, The control on one of my CNC lathes has failed to the point that repair is more expensive that replacement. Even though it's going to be expensive a new control opens up all sorts of...
34
34

resistance welding
The very first question you must ask the person or dealer you would buy this machine from, is where is the local service center? Most likely they will tell you there is none because most likely the...
7
7

Not your ordinary kind of bolt
Pls see this photo, and the question contained in the caption. Thnx Found several of these in a storm water drainage channel. (It was dry at the time!) Rather different from any bolts I've come across...
9
9

OT: misfiring engine and OBD II codes
I'm working on a car that is coming up with standard diagnostic codes (OBD II) that certain cylinders are misfiring (P0300, P0302 etc). I'm wondering, on what physical principle does the computer know...
8
8

OT- Union replaces Labor Day
One for the Hmmmm.......... file. Workers at Tyson Foods' poultry processing plant in Shelbyville will no longer have a paid day off on Labor Day, but will instead take the Muslim holiday of Eid...
1
1

Ford plant that the union won't allow in the US
seems the UAW should be renamed the ANTI-UAW.
30
30