Subject Author Posted Replies

OT- Union replaces Labor Day
One for the Hmmmm.......... file. Workers at Tyson Foods' poultry processing plant in Shelbyville will no longer have a paid day off on Labor Day, but will instead take the Muslim holiday of Eid...
1
1

Ford plant that the union won't allow in the US
seems the UAW should be renamed the ANTI-UAW.
30
30

Dental Gold
Harold pinged me offline and pointed out that if you torch a gold crown with the tooth still in it, it may offgas mercury vapor. Some teeth were filled with amalgam before crowning, as he pointed out....
2
2

Best Cut-off Machine
Hi! I'm in the scrap metal business and I need a good reliable gasoline cut-off machine (not chop saw). I had a stihl cut-off, it wasn't that reliable. Can anyone tell me what is a good reliable brand...
5
5

Part-time machinist update
I never thought I'd be under this kind of pressure! My part-time, after dark machining faerie left a note on my desk that he was catching up on his list of stuff to do. I've even bolstered his load...
8
8

Drill rig used for putting in new water line to well
Some people asked for some photos of the drill rig I made to put in the water line to the well last week: .
1
1

DRO's for lathe or mill
Anyone using DRO's (calipers) on their lathe or mill? Like the ones from so where you get it from and what was the cost? What's the quality like? Based on the above link is the DRO and the digital...
5
5

Ford Escape
Some welding content...Got a sort of free 2003 V6 Ford Escape a few months ago. Front brakes were shot and I needed a 20 tons on the press to remove one of the front rotors from the hub...major rust...
7
7

dental gold?
I had a tooth extracted today. It had been crowned with gold. They gave me back the gold crown, tooth still in it of course. I seem to recall hearing that Coca-Cola actually dissolves teeth. Is that a...
26
26

Evapo-Rust available at HF
Not too sure when they started carrying Evapo-Rust, but the early coupon flier this week has it listed, $19.99 for one gallon. About halfway down on the following page: good 08/04-08/09. Regular link...
23
23

Homemade utility wagons
I have decided to upgrade my home generator and bought a 20 kW Onan generator. have looked at it prior to bidding and found it to be in a tip top shape. As an aside, it has a very familiar to me...
14
14

DRO Calipers for Lathe or Mill
Anyone from using DRO's (calipers) on their lathe or mill? Like the ones from so where you get it from and what was the cost? What's the quality like? Based on the above link is the DRO and the...
1
1

Alcohol as cutting fluid?
Recent posts on cutting fluids reminded me of this question. I once heard that machining aluminum using alcohol produces a beautiful finish that resists corrosion. In fact the rumor was that this is...
31
31

google books
I came across this in google books while finding out how lard oil is made. doesn't tell. But it's an interesting book and they're many more that have been scanned in. Karl
10
10

Welding on a modern car bumper
My SIL is a good guy and treats my daughter good. He can't back a trailer for crap, though. He put two nice dings in my truck so far, and I've had to repair two trailers. He comes to me with his Yukon...
12
12