Subject Author Posted Replies

What mcmaster item for cutting fluid (lathe+steel)
OK... What McMaster 16 oz cutting fluid would you recommend to try out for lathe cutting with steel material. So far 1413K33 seems promising. i
4
4

Large heat sink needed
Does anyone have a heat sink that they want to part with ? My minimum size requirement would be 6" X 8" or bigger. I finished my DIY 3-phase VFD and need a large heat sink for the IGBT's. When i have...
23
23

need articles from <Model Engineering>
Would SKS be able to scan the articles on the Super Simon engine in Volume 171 #3948, #3950, and a Postbag mention in #3952 of and email them to me? My kids just bought me Vols. 169 and 170 for my...

Used motor oil as cutting fluid
Has anyone tried it? Perhaps after filtering it?
26
26

One Way Flexible Support For Hose?
I have a 3/4" OD vinyl hose coming out of my new dehumidifier that has to snake about 4 feet to get to the sink it drains into. At the moment, I have it supported in a couple of places along the way,...
16
16

Simple Easy Storage Hooks
Ok, I know a lot of you guys are serious fabricators, but this was a simple easy thing I found to store some heavy extension cords and ropes out in the shop. I took a section of 1/2" EMT and bent the...
3
3

Do modern engines last longer?
Hi folks, This question came into my head a few days ago. I often hear people suggesting that the latest vehicle engines last longer and are more trouble-free than older engines. But I also hear...
70
70

VFD braking
I want to add tapping ability (need to stop and reverse fast) to my CNC mill with a VFD on the spindle. Its a 5 hp Hitachi SJ100. 5-8 to 5-10 discuss adding a brake resistor. If I understand correctly...
10
10

minor page update
--Photos of some of the prep work for upcoming Burning Man:

Manual for a KO LEE Surface Grinder
I'm looking for a manual and/or parts list with exploded view diagrams for a model BA800 OK Lee surface grinder. Does any one have one they could copy for me? Jeff
1
1

Help with building design!
I am needing/wanting to build a garage about 24x30. (but am open to other sizes). I need to do this myself. I don=92t have the money right now for a concrete floor. I have been toying with ideas...
7
7

Cleaning Shop
Sorry I have to post this through Google Groups however my ISP apparently has closed down Usenet on me, I'll be looking for a long term solution. I need to make room in my shop for recent...
1
1

Had a "smash and grab" accident today
Someone smashed the window of my truck, as it was parked at the train station, and stole a GPS. I have grown too much trusting in people, I think, and did not expect this sort of thing to happen, plus...
49
49

Hydraulic lathes?
Sometime recently I read about someone who acquired an older milling machine that had hydraulic feed on the table. I wondered about how these tables might be controlled and if any lathes have been...
24
24

Any 5C adaptor that could fit this?
Won this on ebay. This backplate should fit my lathe. It did not cost much, so I am sure that I can use it for various purposes, whatever they might be. my question is, how hard is it to find a 5C...
12
12