Subject Author Posted Replies

Dyna Myte 2800 CNC mill - value?
I am looking at one of these mills locally. Dyna Myte 2800. Looks to be in excellent used condition. No tooling, but tooling available as a separate negotiation. I am somewhat interested in it, my...
5
5

computer interface for three button caliper
Hello, is there any place I can buy a PC interface for the chinese three button scales? The protocol is well known, see e.g. I want to buy it, I need six channels. Here is one for three channels, it...
9
9

Cleaning up old dies
I scored a bag of assorted dies (about 30) for $5 at a garage sale. The condition is variable. Thick grime, old chips etc. I gave them a bath in varsol today which got rid ot the worst and some of...
4
4

DRO Scales from Littlemachineshop
Anyone from downunder using DRO's (calipers) on their lathe or mill? Like the ones from so where you get it from and what was the cost? What's the quality like? Based on the above link is the DRO and...
10
10

Lathe readout
I put a readout scale on the "Y" axis and could not be happier with results. Makes turning things down, in multiple passes especially, easy, backlash is not an issue as far as positioning is...
1
1

Reprap rapid prototyping vs CNC mill with extruder
I know has been discussed here several times, but reading about the improvised plastic extruder on a toy-scale 3D motion frame made me wonder: If you've already got a 3D CNC milling machine, couldn't...
1
1

Bandsaw Parts
I am searching for parts for an import bandsaw that is no longer made, and I was hoping to find out if there are compatible parts for it from another make/model bandsaw. If anyone has any of the same...
4
4

For Sale Myford 1413 travelling steady
Apparently new old stock, email me for photo 1413 travelling steady is listed by Myford at 50.42 pounds + v.a.t+ shipping (or travel if you go to them..) offered here at 85$ including registered...
2
2

Drilling hard material
I've got some 1095/15n20 damascus steel I'm working on and while it grinds ok, I'm having trouble drilling it. I used a cobalt drill and a carbide center cutting end mill and neither one seems to be...
17
17

Update on the "mother of all compressors"
This particular mother turns out to have never been used -- as evidenced by intact crosshatch pattern on the cylinders and other circumstantial signs like condition of paint near various pipes that...
2
2

Can anyone precision grind some plates for $$$?
I have four plates that I want precision ground, to remove say 0.3mm of material from each side. The size is approximately 12x16 inches. They need to be perfectly smooth but presently have some...
7
7

What type of constuction is this?
I am wanting to build a 24x30 or so garage. I am wanting to do this cheaply. One time I read about a construction method where posts are used then regular stick framing on top of that. But I cant...
3
3

Source of compresed air
I find the need for a small jet of compressed air to blow out chips etc from time to time. I am thus looking for a source of compressed air to which some sort of air gun can be attached. It has to...
41
41

Request for recommendation for self locking nuts with highest resistance to removal
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone having experience with self locking nuts can help me with the following. At I found four types of self locking nuts I can use on a 1/4-28 thread bolt. I just want to...
17
17

Gear hob relieving device video long
For several years now I have been trying to make my own gear cutting hobs. The Eureka relieving device shown in Workshop Practice Series 17 is what I started with. They started with a picture of the...
4
4