Subject Author Posted Replies

Got some numbers on the bed wear -- any comments?
Tried to estimate the bed wear today. I did the following: placed a digital indicator (0.001mm resolution) with the magnetic base on the carriage. Its point was resting on the non-worn part of the bed...
7
7

Buy Steel products - FNQ Downunder
Hi All in millimetre. Im looking to buy mild steel flats (200 - 250 wide * 25 thick) Also mild steel rounds (100 - 150 dia) ( to maker a rotary table) All the steel suppliers here in FNQ want to sell...
1
1

Soldering a tractor radiator (disaster story)
Hi folks, Some of you may remember that about a year ago you gave me some advice about repairing a leak in my Fordson Super Major tractor radiator. It's a long story, but I only just got round to...
40
40

software for calculating optimal cut list on stock?
I have a problem which cannot be unique to me. I have to cut a whole bunch of pieces of known length from several lengths of stock. What I need is some software which will run on a Windows box which...
24
24

FS -- Delta 6" grinder
The Delta one that I am selling, is on the bottom of this picture. Looks very good. The 3/4 HP 115v Baldor on top of the picture is not for sale. The Baldor is why I bought that lot. also price is...

cnc-grade rpc's--inneresting story
Awl-- So I been agonizing over this, reading Fitch's stuff, bunch of other stuff, and everyone seems to have trouble balancing the lines. So I'm about to bite the bullet, and shell out some hefty...
9
9

can you still get 4oz ball pein hammers?
I have two of these little hammers which I find the most used and useful of all the hammers in my workshop. one must be 90 years old. I've been looking all over to get anothe, or another few, but am...
22
22

FOLLOWUP -- Lathe and VFD -- Some results
I wired the VFD to the lathe. Not in the best way yet, but enough to experiment. Toshiba VF-A3 3.7 kW VFD, similar to what I sold to Pete C, only bigger and with cracked top cover. (I have more for...
21
21

9" South Bend lathe FS
OK my eyes are giving out so i am dancing tango instead of metal working. Where do you guys recommend i sell this beaty or beast 9 inch South Bend lathe with 6 jaw , 3 jaw and (4 jaw inport 12 inch )...
2
2

Productivity Problem
The The link between productivity gains and wages has been broken. Recently, the Economic Policy Institute showed that productivity has grown almost three times faster than wages since 2001. During...
66
66

Little project for DoN or Jeff
This project is for a student Quiz Bowl (think Jeopardy). Eight handheld push button switches that turn on an led indicator (one for each player) and energize a buzzer. It must also block all other...
16
16

Home insurance and metalworking
Does anyone here do metalwork at home? Say in a garage? What does your insurance company say about it? How did it affect your home insurance rates? Have they put any restrictions on what you can and...
17
17

Certifiable Welding Instructor
Borrowed time I guess. Video)
1
1

FS: Aluminum Flats
I have some drops from 3/8 x 8 aluminum flat bar that I'm listing on Ebay. The longest pieces are 13" long. I'll be glad to beat McMangler's price if anybody is interested. other shapes and sizes...

Spray can nozzles
Is it me and advancing age? Or did the paint can Mfrs. increase the pressure required to operate the standard paint spray can nozzle? I seem to remember that I could just about empty a can before my...
33
33