Subject Author Posted Replies

Advice please
Just bought a new Precision Matthews 13X40. Got it in my shop and ready to set it up. Because I'm 6' tall and a suffer with a bad back I find that I am more comfortable when my chuck is at 50-51"...
10
10

diff Clausing_Master Clausing_Student
Would someone know what is the difference between Clausing Master and Student lathe models. The reason for my question is that I have a manual for both, and the Student manual is a little better when...
1
1

wall-e arm movement
Planning to build a Wall-e and thinking through some of the mechanisms. Haven't come up with a good way to get the arms, at the shoulder points, to move forward and down. Pic: dark band you see from...
5
5

PICTURES -- lathe on cart in seller's garage
Stopped by the seller today and put the lathe on the cart. hopefully pick up this Saturday. It will take maybe 20 minutes to winch it on the trailer.
7
7

Mill RF 31 Lubrication
Hi Guys Been away for 12 days or so if anyone replied to any of my post sorry for the lateness. Got my new Taiwanese RF31 milling machine and it goes onto say in the manual to fill the lubication....
2
2

measuring play in quill+spindle of milling machines & drills
measuring play in quill+spindle of milling machines & drills I'm hoping that some here have measured the play in the quill+spindle of bridgeport & equivilent millers, which will be a deciding factor...
9
9

Welding Classes Soutern New England
Was curising by the local ABCO dealer today and they were having a show and tell in the parking lot. WHOA free hot dogs! Swung in and looked over the Miller, Lincoln, Lennox and othr displays. Chatted...
3
3

WANTED: CNC Lathe
Looking for a good working condition CNC lathe with a turret and a tailstock and a nice quiet spindle. Something like a Daewoo Puma 8 or 10 or Akira Seiki or Mori Seiki or Hardinge. Want to be able to...

Thread cutting on a reversible lathe
I am trying to recall some 20 year old high school memories. If I am cutting a thread on a lathe, and the lathe is reversible, then I can cut the thread one way, stop/reverse the lathe, return, set...
25
25

acrylic tube
I'm working up a demo model of a special purpose pump (sorry I can't be specific about its' function). and need to find some appx 3 inch dia X 1/4W acryllic tube. The ID needs to be round and smooth...
5
5

Heads Up: Welding E-Books
Homies take notice: There are currently posted in: a gigantic butt-load of e-books on various welding subjects. Might want to check them out if of interest to you. Dave

Steel wire cut to length
I got a request for a couple thousand plant stakes this afternoon. They need to be 5' long, fairly stiff but not very strong. Requester came in with some .072 wire, not stiff enough, the .134 wire...
28
28

Of Edge Finders and Rotary Tables
Got an order yesterday from one of our favorite suppliers , hadda spend more than I really wanted to get the free shipping ... but it's all stuff I'm going to need , so I went ahead . Among the items...
8
8

free metal for the metalworkers
Here's a video for all the metalworkers and metalheads Rujo : Insane Recorded live @ Nallerock-fest Kuopio, Finland 6.6.2008 Metalcore / Hardcore band from Helsinki, Finland www.rujo.fi...

strong durable gloves?
I tend to go through generic work gloves pretty quickly, so I'm looking for some advice about which brands / styles that you recommend. Normally it's the fingertips that get ripped out first, followed...
4
4