Subject Author Posted Replies

Lathe bed regrinding
Has anyone tried to take a lathe bed for regrinding? What was the procedure , what did you have to take off and how much does it cost. Just checxking things out in case if the lathe turns out to be...
12
12

Drilling opposing 90 degree holes through round tube
I've been looking for a more accurate way to drill sets of holes 90 degrees from each other through round tube. I came across these V blocks with clamps... assumed the best way to use them would be to...
8
8

Ballscrew rework
I've got an 'Acupath mill' ( Taiwanese import mill vintage 80's) with a trashed X axis ball screw. The move crew took it apart to get it in the room, the results was the little balls all over the...
8
8

Benchmaster Mill on craigslist
Looks like a good deal. Regards Tom.

pressure switch wire
My well is located 400+ feet from the storage tanks and pressure switch in the basement. I buried a 12-2 romex with the pipe 22 years ago. This spring one of the wires shorted so I made a bastard...
20
20

Shotgun chamber D reamer?
Picked up a 16ga SxS hammer gun yesterday. Steel (not damascus) barrels. Nothing fancy, made by Crescent but it's in great mechanical shape. Has the old 2 9/16" chamber length. I want to take it out...
11
11

Ping Tom Gardner-Brush suggestion questions
Tom, I dont know if you have been following the Miller Trailblazer 55G thread, but Im going to need some End Brushes to clean up a cast iron head, block and valve seats. Brass? Steel? No idea of what...
6
6

Updated -- PDF manual for Clausing Colchester Master 13 inch lathe
Here's a 5 MB PDF file for you Gunner. http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Clausing-Colchester-13-36-Master-Lathe/Colchester-13-inch-Geared-Lathe-Manual.pdf
1
1

Reference?
4
4

Machined the sheaves on my Clausing 6903
I've had this lathe for just about a year. Living in northern michigan limits my time to play with fixing it. Being popular at work doesn't help either. The vari drive sheaves are now repaired. to the...

Cylinder Machining Order of Operations
I'm a wannabe miniature internal-combustion engine builder. To further the task of taking the 'wannabe' out of the description, I'm considering taking an old Cox Medallion .15 and machining a new...
12
12

I asked Dan Yerkovich how Sonic Care toothbrush works
I have an old worn out Sonic Care brush head, with two magnets sticking out the bottom. The wife issued me a new design brush head that is differently shaped. She breaks off the magnets for the...
3
3

Need help with nitinol motor Bribe offered
HI All. I am developing a motor using super elastic nitinol wire and have problems. Picture at: The most frustrating problem is joining the wire together. I bought some tiny stainless steel tubing...
6
6

DOWNLOAD Manual for Clausing 13 inch geared lathe
download, feel free to do whatever you want with it, like print, put on your own website etc. The picture scan quality is not the greatest....
11
11

Happy 4th
Hey All, Happy 4th of July to all our US members. Take care. Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.
4
4