Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for drilling jig ideas
I've been trying various things over the last few years and I'm just curious if there's any engineering geniuses out there that have a better way to do this... I drill thousands of holes in 1" and...
8
8

Delrin square tubing or angle bar?
Anybody know where to buy Delrin square tubing or angle bar? About 3/32" to 1/8" thick. I don't know if "angle bar" is the proper terminology, what I mean is like flat bar that is folded 90° along...
6
6

Pneumatic rack and pinion drive
I want to turn a 4" OD x 3/8" thick gear 80 to 110 degrees in 100 ms. I'm thinking of a 4" stroke by 1-1/4" bore air cylinder attached to a rack gear that would engage the round gear. No, I won't do...
33
33

BIG thread chaser source
Need a tool to chase the rust out of threads on irrigation riser sockets. Thread is 4" NPT internal. Yes---that's FOUR INCH. Any ideas? I've never personally seen a pipe tap that big, and I'm sure the...
3
3

What should I do with my metal scrap?
I have an auger made of aluminum - it is a part of a meat grinder - that got oxidized inside and out; the company replaced it for me. (I sold the meat grinder on craigslist, taking a big loss). I sell...
9
9

McMaster-Carr Reply
After reading the post by Steve L. I wrote McMaster asking why they wouldn't sell to individuals overseas. This is what I received from them: customers. We do not sell to private individuals outside...
9
9

Trailer fenders
ANy idea on how to make some dual axle trailer fenders at home cheaply. I bought a used trailer and it desparetly needs new fenders but they are major money!
3
3

Compressor drain
Looking for recommendations on a good compressor drain. Something that works, does not need attention, tolerates occasional cold winter day with garage door open, and does not make too much noise....
16
16

SHOCKING! Quincy compressor needs maintenence!
People start lining up behind my desk...oh-boy! Production has ground to a halt, we have low air pressure! Just where ARE those compressors? Somebody goes back and finds them, starts up the Hydro-Vane...
10
10

seeking air compressor recommendations
I'm looking for an air compressor, either tankless or with a small tank ("pancake" style?). It'll be used to inflate wheelchair tires (60 psi) and run small things like a drill. No 12V kit please; I...
6
6

pickle jar
I have a jar of pickles that is too tight to open. what should I do? I will post here because I am very stupid, lazy and spineless. I like to talk and talk and talk and do nothing on my own. It was...
13
13

McMaster-Carr
Folks, You may find this interesting, but McMaster-Carr will not sell to service men serving overseas. I made a purchase yesterday quite successfully and today I received a very polite email refusing...
10
10

Motor starter makes noise like a buzzer
I have not used my phase converter in a while. When I fired it up the other day, the main Allen Bradley size 2 starter made a very loud noise, like a old style 60 Hz door buzzer. Despite that, the...
13
13

painting old trailer
Bought an old trailer. What is the best way to paint it. I want it to look nice and hold up but it does not have to be perfect. Thinking of using implement paint at TSC. One thing I was wondering, I...
8
8

Trailer question
I was wondering if I could email some pictures of a trailer I bought to someone that could give me some advice. I bought a 12 foot by 6 foot rough dual axle trailer. I bought it for 400 bucks. I...
2
2