Subject Author Posted Replies

Can anyone recognize this lifting Magnet
magnet is cool, and fun, but I do not know how much it can lift. It weighs about 130 lbs, so I figure, it would be rated at 2,500 lbs, but that's only a guess and knowing who made it would make a...
6
6

save dial indicator
I needed a dial indicator where it got splashed with coolant for a few days. Now its all sticky and the needle won't return. Can you take one of these apart for cleaning, or do you get a pile o'...
13
13

Some fun pictures
I thought someone may like to have a look Big I-R Impact (2.5" hammer size) impact socket on a Bridgeport bed, before and after wirebrushing misc ==> Ingersoll Rand 5820 Impact Wrench misc ==>...
2
2

Funky small eye bolt threads
When I look at small eye bolt threads (not wood screw, machine screw) I see thread sizes like 1/8"-32 and 3/32"-32 and 3/16"-24 in the catalogs. (e.g. McMaster-Carr page 1465.) Is it possible that...
6
6

Clausing 5914 - Chatter and Self-Feeding Summary
The 5914 is acting like a lathe at last, so I thought it useful to summarize what I have learned so far. The key is stiffness, both static and dynamic, and the 5914 had problems in both areas, leading...

Cutting brass with a coolant
Just for the experience, I tried cutting a 0.625" diameter brass rod off with a BXA-7 cutoff tool, both dry and wet, even though all the books say that brass is best cut dry. Dry, it squealed loudly...
14
14

what paint to use on a mill
My younger brother built a Seig x3 mill drill into a very very nice CNC mill. I have to say, even though his is my brother, he did one hell of a job on this thing. Its a real tour de force of all of...
6
6

For theemail harvesters
1
1

Some nice machine photos
Photographs shot at Hagley Museum with light painting. Many thanks to the terrific folks at Hagley for being patient while I photographed, and to my friend Diane Mattis for showing me this wonderful...
5
5

may frinde
Hi friend: These are peaceful Islamic messages. It may change your life for the better.Take a look, you do not have anything to lose and much more to gain; 16-Women in Islam Versus Women in The...

Wells Cargo type of trailer help?
Ive got the opportunity to trade some labor for a covered Wells Cargo type of trailer, in decent shape, about 5x8 feet. Last tagged in Florida , plates expired 12/01. Purchased off Ebay in 2001,...
6
6

Chicom Pellet rifle rear sight needed
I was browsing through a local second hand store, and found a Chinese (one assumes) break barrel .177 pellet gun. Interesting one...looks a lot like a RWS 350, but without the checkering. Decent monte...
27
27

How to estimate wear on an impact wrench
I am talking about a 2.5" drive impact wrench that weighs over 200 lbs. A real monster by I/R. I have it and I want to estimate how much wear it has. I can obviously perform minor disassembly and...
8
8

Hey Gunner
I know that you like to brag once in a while. Would you say that I overpaid by getting a 2 1/2 sized Ingersoll Rand impact wrench for $49? (2 1/2 is the hammer size, it means that the square hole in...
14
14

A case for Aluminum Welding?
A garage sale mistake here: is a 24" aluminum pipe wrench. If you look closely, you will see that this wrench has a crack on the left side that I did not notice. This seems to be a good case for...
16
16