Subject Author Posted Replies

A case for Aluminum Welding?
A garage sale mistake here: is a 24" aluminum pipe wrench. If you look closely, you will see that this wrench has a crack on the left side that I did not notice. This seems to be a good case for...
16
16

Clausing 5914 - Crosswise and longitudinal stiffness
I got around to measuring the stiffness of the toolpost assembly, both crosswise (perpendicular to the bedways) and longitudinal (parallel to the bedways. The setup consists of a 3/4" OD 1018 bar held...

Miller Trailblazer 55G?
I have committed myself to buying a Miller Trailblazer 55G Ebay # 290225426866 Winning bidder never paid or picked it up. I was in the owners shop the other day, and he mentioned this..so I said if it...
9
9

Increasing strength of steel through rolling
I have a need to make 2"x1" steel blanks, .020-.030" thick. The problem is that they need to be very resistant to taking a bend, so I need to increase their strength. Additionally, one edge (1" long)...
32
32

Clausing 2277 Drill press
We recently purchased a used Clausing 2277 for the shop, today half an hour to quitting time, it blew a couple fuses in the control box... Upon inspection, it looks like the bottom of the variable...
6
6

castellated socket
I'm looking for a castellated socket 2" OD with 6 tangs, splines, whatever they are called. Google just runs me back and forth thru India, NSW and other places. Anyone know of a source? Stu
33
33

Iggy Here is a tap for your collection
2 1/4" tap like new
4
4

diamond wheel
I just looked at my Enco flier and it has 6"diamond plated grinding wheels that fit my Horrible Fright carbide bench grinder. They are on sale for 83.99. My question is which one to get? They have 100...
10
10

Application of algebra
So someone and I were designing a base with casters for a cold saw. The design was to have an angle iron piece to go underneath the saw, to support the saw, extend outside the saw, then have standoffs...
45
45

Argon purge for SS welding
What is the best set up for providing argon purge from one tank? thanks Stu
5
5

does 440 volt power exist?
I've seen house power stated as 110, 115, 117, and 120 volt. Ive seen three phase motors marked 440, 460 and 480 volt. However according to my Electric supplier, PPL Corp. (Allentown PA) Power is...
22
22

A good day Clausing 6903
Today, I had time to recoat the shafts on my varidrive with moglice. I tried to upload pictures to my web provider but things are not working today. Anyway, Nick Mueller was absolutely right in...
2
2

McMaster-Carr's garden hose cart
I need to replace my garden hose cart (cheap Chinese plastic one) due to leaking and I want to buy a metal welded cart that is nicely made and can last several years. So I wanted to see if anyone has...
3
3

Guv Bob and McMaster-Carr
So...is it just me or does it seem odd/wierd/stupid/silly/whatever invective you'd like to use here/ that Guv Bob pops in, spouts some problems he had with a supplier and pops out, never once...
6
6

Unusual metal machining process?
What would this process be called? Aluminium heatsink used for mounting electronic components to , to conduct away heat to the air . Some sort of chisell cutting advance and repeat while still hot...
28
28