Subject Author Posted Replies

ceramic tile and mild steel
greetings, i am planning on making a small table for our deck and i would like to use a mosaic tile pattern for the table top so i thought that i would make a pan out of 16 ga., turn it up side down...
10
10

Hardince HC Chucker -- someone needs help
I visited an interesting guy today, to whom I sold some VFD drives, to set up one for him. Which was easy. (I am selling 3 HP drives for $100 a pop) Then he showed me his Hardinge HC chucker. It did...
62
62

Emergency Medical and Dental Books
It's not metal working, but it is a wealth of good information. Also on the e-book group, there are many military FM books. And someone posted four or five terrorist beheading videos. I'm not going to...

No longer about "Trepanning and Parting Off -- part 2"
[ ... ] O.K. If I could get an MLA casting the right size for my machine (which would be the right size for yours, too), I would dive into machining it to make a cross-slide with the rear T-slots. [...
17
17

Best way to counter-bore parts
Just wanted people's opinion on this... I need to create a flat spot on 1/4" aluminum rounds for both 4-40 screw holes and 6-32 screw holes. The flat spot needs to accommodate the screw head size, but...
1
1

Hardinge HLV manuals/PDF?
I'm looking for a manual for a Hardinge TFB-H. Serial # HLV-H-7371-S. Machine was built in 1977. It uses the same manuals as the Hardinge HLV-H, and the manuals list TFB on their covers. Would love to...

I got to visit Tom at Ohio Brush
During a discussion a year or so ago, when I posted that I was working in the same area as his company, Tom said to drop on in for a tour. I didn't make it then, but found myself in the area once...
34
34

indicator
What is bad indicator? It is when you tell, let's measure customers' satisfaction in bank loan niche. You don't tell about what are you going to measure, how you are going to measure this, it's not a...
4
4

GLOAT new mill
Here's a pic of my new mill being weighed: tipped the scale at 5500 lbs. A fella on this NG asked about buying a Bridgy, so I sold him mine. And then went on the hunt for a machine with taper 40...
9
9

Redneck lathe
Today I was faced with having to produce a 10 mm x 18 mm mild steel cylinder. Not having a chop saw or similar I stuck a piece of stock in the chuck of my 8" drill press, improvised a scribe and...
26
26

Atlas shaper advice needed
I am now the proud owner of an Atlas 7B shaper. for details see specific question for the group: #1 -- Is there any place still selling replacement parts? #2 -- I need tool holders. The American style...
14
14

Bridgeport- What to Check Before Buying
I might be looking at a Bridgeport this weekend, don't know the exact model number yet. I do know it's got a 208 3ph motor. The pic shows it's been painted, the bare parts are "brownish" but don't...
12
12

Fire in the Mower!!!!
Had a bit of excitment today. Photos at: for sale, cheap. Handyman special. Errol Groff Instructor, Machine Tool Department H.H. Ellis Technical High School Danielson, CT
16
16

PING: Tom Gardner - the wire brush guru!
Tom, Sent you a private e-mail yesterday. Just wanted to make sure you got it and didn't think it was a spam... Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:...
4
4

WTB: #35 tool holders
Just bought a Bridgeport BTC-1. Thought all Bridgeports used only NMBT 35 or R8 tool holders. Found out this one uses #35 NMT? Does anyone have any of this type for sale? How about a drawing which...
1
1