Subject Author Posted Replies

WTB: #35 tool holders
Just bought a Bridgeport BTC-1. Thought all Bridgeports used only NMBT 35 or R8 tool holders. Found out this one uses #35 NMT? Does anyone have any of this type for sale? How about a drawing which...
1
1

How I spent my lunch hour
I made a trophy for a bike run. Is it "quick and dirty", or is it "rustic"? "Hard luck" goes to whoever had the worst time getting there but still made it. I meant for it to look like and eagle, but...
4
4

Shift timer update
Thanks for all the ideas! We decided to dedicate an older PC running freeware "Perfect Alarm Clock". It has infinite set point events that will play a .wav file (or do other stuff) for each event. So,...
15
15

deadweight
It's a pleasure to measure with a Stiko dead weight tester http://www.taotui0105.cn

Advice needed about choice of adhesive
While this is not strictly metal related, I'm sure I will get some good advice here. I need to stick tiny (about 1/8th inch dia) rare earth magnets to plastic film (think laminated paper) and I am...
12
12

Shift timer
Where might I find a clock that will activate my shift/lunch/break buzzer? The old time clock used to do that but I'm replacing it with a fingerprint scanner. I need at least 10 set points. I don't...
9
9

Tapping the collective wisdom
--Low metal content but I'm searching for a widget for a project in progress. It's a socket to mount an LED. I've found two sources: one surplus that's dried up and the other retail that's...
6
6

Air compressor
I have a Craftsman 30 gallon 5 horsepower 110 volt air compressor. It puts out 6 cfm at 90. I would like to be able to paint and do more such as sandblast. Could I get another similar sized compressor...
21
21

Atlas 10/12" lathe owners only; QC gearbox upgrade
I just noticed this QC gearbox on Ebay. It isn't mine. 160239185313 It's the kind that was sold as a kit to adapt (10F, I think)non-qc lathes to qc gearbox operation, I think. I mention this because I...

Lathe Facing Problems
I've developed a problem when facing on my lathe, I do a lot of small dia disks (20-40mm) in 6082 Aluminium and when it comes time to polish the face I'm noticing concentric circles appearing on the...
15
15

Tools & supplies
Some great hard to find stuff here. http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=index
4
4

Firescale?
I had to silver-solder two small components together today. To get a proper solder flow I had to apply heat directly to the part of one component that will later be visible. It ended up covered with...
10
10

Ping Gunner
Metal content: A car license plate. As I was walking through the parking lot to our office this morning I passed in front of a car bearing the New Hampshire vanity license plate "GUNNAH". It made me...

Spaced out fender
Much ado about nothing. I spaced the fenders out by just adding some angle iron and bolting them on. Did this so that if I crunch one, I can buy another and bolt it on with little or no fab. They're...
1
1

Using ATF as a Way Lubricant
Anyone use ATF as a way lubricant? Someone mentioned on Practical Machinist that they use it in one of their older manual surface grinders and it is slick as glass. I am not familiar with ATF or its...
10
10