Subject Author Posted Replies

Silicone caulking as a metal adhesive
While experimenting with making rubber moulds from silicone caulking I bought in Home Depot (not even the good stuff!) I found that the compound adhered to mild steel with indecent tenacity. I had to...
10
10

3 cylinder tach
I'm looking for a tach. for my 3 cylinder ford tractor. looking for digital as I need to know whether the engine is running 1200 or 1300 rpm. The dial gauges that go to 10,000 rpm just don't have the...
28
28

Construction Alert!
e-Enjoy more to come soon thank you sincerely and please forward 2Barter08/McCain Looking forward to the general election, today we announced a presidential forum for the candidates this September in...

Jon Danniken
>>>(here is the relevent section; work is green, electrode is RED, and >>> blue is the (+) and (-) output from the SCR bridge: >>> >>> if it wraps: >>> Now, the work goes back to the transformer, no...
1
1

1970 Ford tractor tach cable
I've been rebuilding my 1970 Ford 2000 tractor over the last couple weeks. I'm on the home stretch. Should start it tonight or tomorrow. The unit has never had an RPM readout since I've owned it. I...
5
5

Happy mothers day!
To all mothers here, happy mothers day. May all the chips that you make, smell like flowers.
1
1

4 X 6 H/V band saw faq?
My link to the subject page doesn't work anymore. Will it be back? Pete Stanaitis ---------------- http://www.tinyisland.com/4x6bsFAQ.html
6
6

Scope thingy?
I was in a second hand store today, 30% off before noon, and browsing around. They have a computer department, sell donated computers after fixing em up. The repair tech is this really cute latina...
11
11

Organ metal
I'm hoping to build a small pipe organ this summer, and as well as a rank of wooden pipes, I would like to make a set of small metal ones. The largest would be 2', going down to a few inches. The...
20
20

Help indentifing a machine taper
Hi All; I'm trying to identify the taper on a drill press I've recently aquired. The top of the taper is ~17.1mm and the bottom is ~15.8mm just like JT6 but the overall length of the taper is only...
6
6

anyone want a manual for a Rigid 300 power drive?
sold the threading machine and sold the heads - the buyers had the option of asking for the manual but none did, so I have a photocopy of the manual left - it has instructions, schematics, exploded...

Compressor Gloat
So, I was in Grainger today picking up a 3/8" NPT tap to do a quickie repair job for my FIL (his spring mechanic's air table actuator valve had a 3/8" pipe nipple broken off in it). This was to be...
20
20

Custom Load Spreaders?
Is there a vendor who specializes in load spreaders? I have an unusual application that requires a 1" RAM on a hydraulic press to have its load actually delivered onto some flat plates that are not at...

Pure Iron source needed (USA)
I'm looking for a couple of feet of at least 99.5% pure iron rod or bar, any size from at least 1/4" square or round, but not over 1/2" thick. I need it for element collectors looking for pure samples...
2
2

push/pull hydraulic unit
Is there a SMALL push/pull electric hydraulic unit that could be hooked up to an ATV 12v. electrical system to make a small dump? Steve
2
2