Subject Author Posted Replies

SP125 PLUS changes in dropbox
Greetings All, I checked the dropbox to see if the tif was there and it is. Once again look for two files that begin with SP125. There is a tif of the schematic that can be read clearly if blown up...
4
4

Cutting fluid?
I have just purchased a new 7X12 metal cutting bandsaw, and I can't seem to find any good information about what cutting fluid or coolant to use. Roger
14
14

Snap-On Paint
The other day, I bought this Snap-On cabinet from a local craigslist seller. The cabinet is about 60" tall, has two separate parts (top and bottom), casters, etc. paid $250 for it. Anyway, I will keep...
30
30

BRIGHT ORANGE RUST?
Hi, I've recently bought a small Austrian vertical mill, and when I took the covers off, it became apparent that it was left out in the rain. Only a few areas of the castings are rusted and it looks...
7
7

old techniques still in use?
While reading one of the Lindsay reprint books about machining techniques of 1894, I was struck by the amount of coverage given to bench or vise work techniques. Complete Practical Machinist by Rose...
49
49

Aberdeen Scotland Visit: Metalworking Stuff?
I'm off tomorrow for a week in Aberdeen visiting my sister and BIL. Top on my list is to do some of the local distillery tours. All that shiny copper, you know. After that (or between while...
6
6

Brass Discoloration
Ok, so I am an idiot. I pushed things too far and may have cost myself a bit of money in the process. I work with beer equipment and had some old brass draft beer towers that needed some love. One of...
13
13

Garage door help! (Off topic but begging for help!)
I received a single 7x9 clopay garage door from someone replacing their door. It has all the hardware and even the installation instructions. I have been for a week trying to =93retrofit=94 it to my...
15
15

My dumb question of the month
I need an hour meter and a low RPM tach for my SA 200 welder. The operating range for the tach would be 2500 rpm max. I have gotten two rpms so far, 1550 and 2300. The hour meter just has to be...
8
8

Wood Cedar
Wood Cedar - Compare Prices at NexTag Compare and find bargain prices for over one-million home and garden products at NexTag. Find deals and low prices by comparing store ratings, user reviews, price...

Ping: Iggy
Hey Iggy, I am in the process of converting my buzzbox to something resembling a 150A TIG supply. I already have the AC-DC section figured out, as well as the HF area. I believe you used SCRs in a...
11
11

Makers Faire?
--Anyone going? I'll be the guy with the steamboat; come say hi if you're in the neighborhood..

Mig welding
I am a newbie and have been reading about when arc weldign sometiems you lay a center bead, then stringer beads beside the origional bead. Does that still apply to mig?
4
4

Punch blanks
Brought home a few punch blanks, or raw materials, which are little round things the size of various rifle cartridges. They are made from some wonder steel, as I discovered when I tried putting one in...
8
8

Dead die
I have been using a Mastercraft 6-32 die to cut thread on a 1/8 welding rod to use (a small section of) as a gnomon for a miniature sundial. No problems. Today I had the bright idea to use a diamond...
12
12