Subject Author Posted Replies

Chop saw or band saw
I have an occasional need to cut stock of up to 2 inch diameter (or square, shapes differ). I have been thinking of making my life easier and investing in a chop saw. However, recently I came across a...
20
20

what the heck is this base for
here is a link to the drop box looks just familar enough that I know I ought to recognize it, but I've been pondering it for several months and I still don't know - I'm sure that a bunch of you folks...
9
9

Back From Names 2008
Just got back from Names a little bit ago. Had a good time. Ran into Errol and got to chat. I didn't do so well with my camera so this is about all I could salvage. really enjoyed the seminars on...
5
5

Is this trailer properly balanced?
Been researching trailers and found this: at the 14 foot long one, does it seem like the axle is not placed right. I have been reading about how the ideal axle is placed in a 60/40 configuration. This...
17
17

Advice: Drill Press and Band Saw pick-up
I'm about to leave to get an AMT 5 Speed Drill Press and an unknown Band saw. see the rust, but was wondering what those here would do. I don't think it'll last long, so please let me know. Thanks....
32
32

Interesting Website/ Metal-Welding-Motorcycle
Mike Geokan's Bonneville Bullett
1
1

Metal Damage
Those guys at Top Gear are at it again! racing at its finest! 7 minutes & 40 seconds of fun. BRING KLEENEX! -- Instant Gratification Takes Too Long! -------------------------------------
1
1

1/8th scale 1936 John Deere
Jerry Kieffer has built a stunning model of a 1936 John Deere tractor. There are several excellent pictures and even a movie clip. Well worth a look: the coffee can his gradfather used to keep rain...
4
4

Thermal Arc 10xr
Anybody know anything about these? Good machine? Bad? Air, or nitrogen only? Anything useful to know about them? Can they be retrofitted with a new torch? Approximate value? Thanks Jeridiah

Surprising increase in truck MPG
I have a Chevy Silverado pickup that is by now about 18 months old. I was never able to get more that about 220 miles out of a 22 gallon tank of gas, sometimes even less. However, the last three...
137
137

Anybody have a Thunderbird filter that works on the group?
Title says it all!!! There is so much spam on this group I'm not sure anyone talks about metal anymore. Please help! Simon Shabtai Evan
2
2

South Bend Precision Lathe Model A
I have a lathe listed on ebay if anyone is interested in bidding on it. Pick it up in Santa Barbara CA. Good luck. Mark W.

Varmint Al's pages
I tripped over these web pages from a retired machinist. Interesting stories about his Father's welding biz and working there: some nice mods on his mini-lathe: Chris
1
1

SNAPON MHG5A spool gun
Does anyone have any tech specs on this gun? I would like to hook it up to my Thermal Arc 351, but trying to sort out the pinouts of the connector and make sure everything is cool. Contacted SnapOn,...

Air line quick-disconnects for TIG argon
Does anyone see any problem with using generic air line quick-disconnect fittings between a TIG welder and the torch?
4
4