Subject Author Posted Replies

CO2 regulator washer source?
When you put a regulator onto a CO2 cylinder, you need a compressible washer. See an illustration. It used to be that when I filled my little 20 pound CO2 cylinder, that the welding supply would give...
7
7

Modified portable band saw?
It seems I'm often stuck looking for unique tools, for situations I come across in my business. Long story short, I've been trying to find a way to have a quiet and very portable, small metal band...
10
10

De-burring inside tubes with nylon brushes
I have to de-burr 3/4" aluminum square tubes that have literally hundreds of holes. Even using Cogsdill bits takes a long time. I was searching around and found some info on using nylon abrasive...
11
11

Looking for plans of moving device
I am looking for plans for a device I have seen before but don't know what it is called. It is a collection of small rollers which would go under 1 corner of "something" very heavy so the "something"...
8
8

Waterjet cutters
Does anybody know a good place to get waterjet cutting done in the Eastern PA/NJ area? Looking for a place that will do small jobs (15-200 pieces) on 20ga & 22ga stainless and brass. Thanks! Todd
6
6

Anyone going to Names next week?
Just wondering. WEs
15
15

Welding cert costs
What does it cost for welding certification testing in your area for 7018 2g, 3g, 4g? Just a ballpark figure? Steve

Tachometer question
I need to set a welding machine drive motor at 2300 RPM as suggested by the Lincoln tekkie until I can get the circuit board and controlling devices worked on. Is there a simple cheap tach that I can...
4
4

Metal- steady rest
I'm trying to locate a used colchester-clausing VS-13 steady rest. Or find one I can adapt. The original part number is 13-472. thanks T.Alan

AO Torch Valve Stem
One of my projects fell over and smacked my torch. It bent the stem on my oxy valve. Does anyone know where I can buy one on the web? Is there a good source for grommets too? Thanks - Greg
8
8

Nut Keeper
No, I'm not talking about a jock strap I must not have the right name. I need a little metal cage that you put a nut in, 15/16" in this case, and weld to metal. That way the nut stays in place and...
9
9

Ping Bruce
Bruce, I need a 15hp motor, frame 254T I need a used one for a friends grinder Gunner
5
5

What is it? Set CCXXVII
hi all, 1270 umph, i dont know the word for. you take a rope, put it throug this little thing. then you pull at one end of the rope, and it can´t slip back, even when something is drawing heavily at...
10
10

"casting cores and molds direct from CAD"
I got an email pointing at an interesting site about sculpting metal by a method analogous to fast-prototyping-in-plastic machines, but in stainless steel + bronze. See link to exone and description...
17
17

Plating SS Screws with brass
I have a cottage business ( I use a truss-head 18-8 SS screw with the project, and spraypaint it gold to try to match the brass part it fastens. This is weak, I know, but I just can't find any...
13
13