Subject Author Posted Replies

Gopher revenge
Google Rodenator fire. A true "AW, shit!" moment. Got mine all done. Put a stun gun on it for igniter power. Am waiting for the gophers to come out in my area to try it. I'll be sure to stay away from...
6
6

Burke/Millrite for auction
I've got one of these and it has been a good, solid machine for learning amateurs such as me. For anybody in Ohio, it might be worth look. I'm not affiliated in any way with the website. Just thought...
2
2

Wind fencing
I live where it gets very windy sometimes. I am looking for ways to break the wind, and to create air movement up and over some areas. I've been reading all sorts of things, and gathering information...
7
7

Checking welding current
I'm picking up the radiator for the SA 200 Monday, and will be painting and reassembling according to the wind speed over the next couple of weeks. When I get the old gal running, I'd like to do a...
23
23

Making a spring latch
Trying to make a spring latch for a recently finished gate. Gate needs to swing both ways. I made a striker plate for the post. Striker has the typical "ramp" on each side so when you swing the gate...
8
8

Lathe arrived!
Hello all, It's here; it actually arrived yesterday. The arrival was not nearly the big deal it could have been, thanks to a terrific driver and a pallet jack. I *know* I asked about the dials. They...
11
11

LIGO
HOW LIGO WORKS LIGO must measure the movements of its mirrors, separated by two and a half miles, with phenomenal precision. To achieve its goal, LlGO must detect movements as small as one thousandth...
2
2

Nice Trailers
One of these days I'll be buying an 18' open flatbed tandem trailer, but for now I can only dream and drool about the ones on eBay. My local Home Depot has one of these but they will only rent it with...
2
2

Best online US source for cutting tools
Hi, looking for a good USA based online source for good quality cutting tools like coated sub-micrograin solid carbide end mills, pre-ground carbide lathe bits, drills, boring heads, T-slot cutters,...
8
8

Where's the EMCO-F1 CNC MILL Group Gone?
I've been posting messages to the Yahoo "Emco F1 CNC Mill" group for weeks now and there is no activity-- the messages don't get posted. And it isn't jsut me, there haven't been any new postings added...
7
7

FS Coolmate 4
Anyone have use for a Coolmate 4 (blue) it's used and paid it's dues but in fine working order. I rebuilt the pump (Carbonator) out of preventative maint. and it's just in the way. Located in Chicago...
7
7

MCMASTER-CARR Catalog number 1
I have a papyrus version. Everything in it is either stone or bronze.
5
5

benchman 4000 or other Benchman with ATC?
Does anyone here have a Benchman 4000 or another Benchman (5000,MX, etc) with an ATC (Automatic Tool Changer)? I am setting up my machine for the first time, and I am having a strange issue when...

Compound angle milling?
I want to mill a 10* angle on the leading edge of a skid fin for my model boats. The lead angle of the fin is 30* and I need the 10* "wedge" parallel to the water line so the fin doesn't cause lift. I...
6
6

Root nut installation using a small air chisel
I've got a heap of M5 root nuts ( ) to install in some enclosures. The plan was to peen them by hand using a hammer & punch tool into an 8mm hole in 1mm thick sheet steel cabinets. I was wondering if...
12
12