Subject Author Posted Replies

Compound angle milling?
I want to mill a 10* angle on the leading edge of a skid fin for my model boats. The lead angle of the fin is 30* and I need the 10* "wedge" parallel to the water line so the fin doesn't cause lift. I...
6
6

Root nut installation using a small air chisel
I've got a heap of M5 root nuts ( ) to install in some enclosures. The plan was to peen them by hand using a hammer & punch tool into an 8mm hole in 1mm thick sheet steel cabinets. I was wondering if...
12
12

Do you know about Samsung GH-F330 Ultra Slim Music Slider?
The Samsung SGH-F330 was launched in Malaysia last December 07 and has been well received by Malaysians. It's a music slider that plays for 18 hours in airplane mode (offline) so that you can playback...

Cutting stainless with a small plasma unit?
Title say it all. I'm past the point that I can chomp parts with a chop saw and grind/file a smooth edge. Some of these parts have interior curves that make that impossible to any real degree. Even...
15
15

HVLP spray nozzles getting clogged up
Hey Guys I had a mnor issue with an HVLP gun where i think i set the paint in it to be too thick and as such i clogged up 3 of the 8 little nozzles on the gun the tiny litttle ones near the central...
4
4

BENEFITS OF GOOD MACHINERY ALIGNMENT
BENEFITS OF GOOD MACHINERY ALIGNMENT Industry worldwide is losing billions of dollars a year due to misalignment of machinery. The heart and soul of virtually every industrial operation pivots on...
3
3

Back To Indexable Tooling(AXA)
I toyed around with the idea and asked questions about indexable tooling here two years ago when I first got my 7" X 14" lathe, and I have decided to become more serious about it. What I really wanted...
14
14

Heating the garage shop
I've been doing my research and have provisionally settled on this item. btu input $769 81% out Along with this to vent it. " RF Garage/Shop Vent Kit $169 I don't want to pierce the roof since I live...
46
46

What is it? CCXXV
1262 - A guess here, but this looks similar to a wooden version of the sailors marlinspike which is used for working with rope.
6
6

Vote for the "easiest milling project"
My vote goes for "make a square end chuck wrench out of an Allen wrench". i
1
1

ASTM A795E
Can anyone tell me what this ASTM rating is specifically? Water pressure rating? Air pressure rating? Thanks, Greg
3
3

vice repair - DIY thermite welding
anybody here ever done any thermite welding? I have a HUGE ol' US made vice, and when I bought (many decades ago) it had the lower front 'tang' triangle broken off. very thick part of the casting....
4
4

Hydraulic Pump Arimitsu Britt
I got a Hydraulic Pump today. Piston type. 3 pistons. Belt driven by 1.5HP Lesson Electric Motor. Manufacturer seems to be Arimitsu Ltd for Britt Tech Corporation. Model 15. But no plausable...
5
5

ebay feedback question
I understood ebay had changed to not allow sellers to respond to negative feedback. I recently left neutral feedback, and got a negative in reprisal from the seller. So what changed?
3
3

Gunner and my 16X40 victor
Gunner: I'm in the process of turning a new adapter for the rotor tach generator on my helicopter. I have been able to hold below 0.002. Not bad for a retired EE (that has tried to drill once with his...
1
1