Subject Author Posted Replies

Irregular bolt circle calculator from simple distance measurements
When reverse engineering parts, I often come across bolt circles with irregular spacing. That is, the holes all fall around the same circle, but at random angles, rather than evenly spaced around the...
5
5

DOM Square Tube - Twist and Straightness
Does the drawing process improve square tube's twist and straightness (over ASTM A500 or A513)? I am looking at using a 4.5"x4.5"x0.25"x13' steel tube to mount a profile rail. One side of the tube has...
9
9

Shipbreaking (metal content)
Reading articles like this, I feel quite lucky.
7
7

anyone have a B & S techmaster 824 or run one?
A few weeks ago a picked up a B & S Techmaster 824 surface grinder, was not under power but the price was good. It was retro fitted with a A-B SLC-500 PLC. I could not get the cross feed to work,...
18
18

Types of Gears
[web] Ron Merupakan sebuah permainan judi dadu online yang di mainkan dengan 3 buah dadu yang dimasukkan ke dalam alat shaker atau diputar otomatis http://www.unionmillwright.com/typesofgears.html/web

Unions
snip----- You just don't get it, do you? People with your mindset tend to be nothing short of users of society, and very undesirable to be around. Who the hell wants to be around anyone that feels the...
7
7

OT: Auto body NG?
Searched extensively several ways-no joy. Any search with the word 'Body', gets, of course, tons of porn Ngs. If those HVAC dweebs have one, how come no bodymen/painters? JR Dweller in the cellar
1
1

Unions
It always seems strange why anyone would chose to make less money,less benefits,less insurance,less retirement,less and less. Just how dumb does it take... Not to be able to realize the benefits of...
246
246

jeweler's question: any on this NG?
What are the steps in downsizing a (sterling silver) ring about one size? I bought one on which I guesstimated the size based on cheapo ring size gages and it's too loose. Or should this only be done...
5
5

Broken tap removal
Remind me to pay attention to things that don't pertain to me at the time but......... Broken 6-32 tap in a small 6061 aluminum part, hole is all the way through. Which acid to use? What strength?
12
12

NMTB #40 mill collets on Ebay
Set of 15 with storage rack. I'm selling them for a neighbor, don't have a mill that uses them.
12
12

cutting titanium with plasma torch
I have a request from a client to cut some titanium sheet with a plasma torch. The torch I have uses air and I'm a little concerned by the MSDS on titanium where it says that the dust is quite...
7
7

forklift questions
I am starting to look for a forklift for around the shop. There's one on ebay that has brakes that do not work, are they hard or very expensive to fix? I know nothing about forklifts. Item number:...
16
16

OT - sewing machine repair
hi all i'm hoping one of you fine gentlemen will be able to help me gain some wife approval points... she has a husqvarna (viking) '2000 SL' sewing machine (actually a couple, along with a bunch of...
38
38

Static converter problem
I just installed a static Kay Industries 3 phase converter to run my 50 years old Abrasive Co. Surface grinder. When I plug it in motor won't run. What measurement should I have between four contacts...
10
10