Subject Author Posted Replies

VFD Needed
Hi gang, I'm moving to a new house and just had a 60a sub panel installed in the garage and I'm in need of a VFD to replace my rotary phase converter. It's just going to run my Bridgeport and possibly...
23
23

Any Enco 8x36 mill owners?
Did any of you buy Enco's 8x36 or equivalent machine? What do you think of it? Bill
11
11

Ping Cavelamb
I went to Las Vegas, but with some minor crises, did not make it to the steel store. Going back a week from Wednesday, and will try to get over there then. I didn't forget you, just got diverted by a...
1
1

Centering a rotary table
Hello all, There is room for improvement in my RT setups. I would not mind spending the money on a centering indicator (if it really works), but round column mill-drill limits (correct me if I am...
19
19

Help needed for changing an oilseal
I have a Chinese 12x36 geared-head lathe with an oil leak from the seal on the end of the shaft that drives the quadrant gear train. I figured I could get to the seal by removing the cover, so I...
4
4

How to roof a shed (metal content)
My shed needs a new roof. I noted a few weeks ago that the roof leaks -- a lot! I've kept a tarp over the riding mower so I don't get a wet butt from the seat, it's that bad. I mentioned that to Her...
4
4

4-jaw chuck question
Hello all, First, 3-jaw (lathe/mill) chucks: are they all self-centering, or do some have a way to separately control the jaws? Is there any jargon that distinguishes them? Now for the real question....
1
1

Lincoln "Tombstone" welder question
I've taken the metal housing off the welder so that I can paint it prior to sale. (20± years old, total on time, less than 1 hours). I moved on to mig and tig shortly after buying this unit. It is...
2
2

Mystery car part
Hi folks, I was at the junkyard recently. I found a small electronic part which puzzled me. I didn't bring it home, but I took a picture of it because I was curious to know what it was. Here it is:...
22
22

ABEC 7 bearings in skateboards?
Since I found a pair of 7209 Fafnir Abec 7 bearing amongs some of the stuff I took home recently, I did a little research. Looks like ABEC 7 refers to a very precise grade of bearings that are usable...
33
33

rivet gun
Does anyone know of a source for an air rivet hammer that only strikes one blow per trigger pull? I have used some old ones and liked them better than a standard chatter gun.
6
6

Very funny story (bought back a Siemens VFD I sold a year ago)
I paid about $30 more than I sold it for. (when shipping is factored in) I bought it from the same person I sold it to. I have all emails from that time. Now, I feel a little like that businessman. i
5
5

Aluminum and pop rivets
Add some horsepower and make awesome short takepff and landing. CH-701

Trip to harbor freight (grinding)
I got the itch for a grinder and learned that there was a Harbor Freight place only 100 miles from work so I headed down there to buy of of these. I got there and from 20 feet away I liked it. At 1...
42
42

Bridgeport mill FIXED!!!
Boner of the year award goes to.......... ME!!! The Quill lock on my machine was missing the "quill lock handle" I thought it was a blind pin as I saw no hole on the part I assumed was a pin. I...
11
11