Subject Author Posted Replies

Silken bronze fastener?
Howdy, I needed some 1/4" bolts for an electrical connection, and as the fastener store was out of 2" long brass bolts, I was sold something called "silken bronze." According to the fellow behind the...
14
14

10 HP Quincy compressor (finally found a fall project)
I finally found a "fall project". I was looking for something fun to do in the fall, fixing some item or another. Last year I did a diesel engine Cummins L423D. I just won this in a liquidation...
23
23

Cleanup after tapping AL
Hello all, I just finished tapping holes in my latest "production run" of five plates (stop laughing). What is the most effective way to clear the slurry of oil (which I have been using as a cutting...
23
23

Mechanical Aptitude Test
Interesting, thanks. I got an 82%, most of which were gear issues, half of which were due to over-confidence on simple ones (my achilles heal). Jon
84
84

Walker Turner lathes
Anyone know where a Walker Turner lathe in working condition can be purchased?
1
1

What is LOH 117?
it's for sale on ebay, but isn't everthing? Item number: 260169776343 2 bars, 4 pounds. Thank You, Randy Remove 333 from email address to reply.
1
1

Atlas Horizontal Mill Opinions
This Atlas horizontal mill has shown up a few times lately wants $1250, looks like tooling is extra. Sounds expensive to me. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/tls/450707439.htmlGuy
3
3

Mechanical Aptitude Test
I got 98%. The only one I got wrong was the governor, because I assumed the ring was fixed and the shaft could move. A lot of the questions were ambiguous though, and could have multiple...
8
8

looking for particular form of blind rivet
That's them. Those look nicer. Has anyone use these enough to recommend one variety over another?
6
6

Anybody with experience with IMService Sherline CNC packages ?
Hi; I am considering getting an ultimate servo cnc mill and lathe package from IMService in michigan. But before I plonk down my card, I would like to ask if any of you have any good or bad experience...
2
2

Logan Lathe parts ?
I got ham-handed and broke a casting tonight . It's the change gear bracket , which carries the intermediate gears between the QC box and the reversing gear . Logan's old part number is LA227 , new...
10
10

OT: attached DC motor to kick scooter
My second attachment of a cordless drill motor to a manually powered transportation device. This attempt was to test the idea that a fork with a roller on its end pressed against a wheel at a slight...
7
7

OT cordless drill battery replacement headsup
I have a friend on vacation who brought down a couple of dead drill batts with him- a milwaukee 18v and a dewalt 18v xrp batt. The dewalt was truly dead- dunno what the heck went down but couldn't get...
3
3

Enco shipping codes
Does anyone know a free shipping code for Enco?
1
1

What would you consider the minimum effective boundaries for a bridgeport and a 12x36 lathe?
I live in northern michigan where it gets a bit chilly at times. I have a bridgeport and a Clausing 6903 12x36 lathe out in an uninsulated garage. Since I store a bunch of light stuff up in the...
19
19