Subject Author Posted Replies

multitool - oscillating blade power tool - recommendation
Hi all Building work - repairs to a bricks-and-mortar house... I need to get a "multitool". Advice sought. To disambiguate - I don't mean many-implements hand tools like a "Leatherman" or a "Swiss...
14
14

GM distributor wrench
I can't find the one I made a few years back ... might have fallen into that black hole my oldest son calls his tool box . Eeeennnnnny waaaaaayyyyy , I was looking online for one and I was totally...
11
11

Most Weather Resistant "Rubber" Cord
Not much in the way of metal in this other than the screws that will attach the hardware. Now, when I say weather resistant I am not talking about rain. I am talking about heat (desert), UV resistance...
3
3

260 Brass Sucks - HELP!
According to McMaster Carr: "The most formable brass we offer, 260 offers better weldability than 300 series brass but it’s not as machinable. Sometimes called cartridge brass, it's commonly used...
5
5

Removing Copper Corrosion (minimal metal content)
Water in Fuel 2005 Merc 50 ELPTO I'm starting to renew my interest fishing although I will probably never again be a go-fast hard charging local tournament fixture. I have had a new fishing buddy (a...
14
14

Weld Evaluation
I saw this shared on somebody's timeline on Facebook. There were over 600 comments which means its pretty well hated (love is not so motivational for so many). went back to the original poster to make...
3
3

HardAir Magazine monthly teaser
Paging Bob La Londe... In case you don't keep up with HardAir Magazine... link to the latest monthly teaser email: article on "Tuning The Benjamin Marauder For Maximum Power" might be of interest...
34
34

A New Beginning
I received a piece of 6061 aluminum in the mail and my wife is working today ... guess where I've been ? So far I have the hole for the collet sleeve machined and the bottom side counter bored for the...
5
5

Wrong damn angle ...
I managed to get the 2° angle on my end mill sharpening fixture wrong . I'd recut but the piece I used was just barely big enough to begin with . Oh well , looks like this one is going to cost me a...
106
106

rcm - productivity SMAW 6013 vs 7018
Hi all Back again - in via a new NNTP server. Been gone more than a month. This came to me about 3rd Feb... With more welding experience repairing the hull of a seagoing vessel, the meaning of the...
54
54

Barium sulphate as coating material
My question is Why barium sulphate is used as a coating in the molten copper industry? What properties make it different?
1
1

"Tiny" Independent 4 Jaw
I think I am looking around for a "small" independent 4 jaw. Some time back I saw Steffen Gottswinter (spelling) make a video where he used offset drilled bushings to grind off center tool shanks....
20
20

End mill sharpening fixture
I'm nearing completion on this project , not a lot left now . All that's left is the nut to hold the sleeve in the bottom plate and the one for tightening the collet , plus I still need to drill/mill...
2
2

RANT (yes metal working related in more ways than one)
Me: As you can see in the 3D model this is the only position in which these parts fit. If you consider a different part here with a different anchor shape you may have greater ease of use and better...
9
9

3/4 Round Corner Gage
I'd like to know who has made one of these and any tips you would care to share for making one. In the past I have made "special" angle blocks that capture an over all rectangular part at a particular...
30
30