actually metal working related - paint type and color

I am replacing my old taiwan drill press with a 17 inch rockwell delta unit - one of the old ones - I got one, and it had some bad parts - so I now have four heads - and I'm busy taking them apart and cleaning them up enough to put all the best stuff into one drill press - I've been bead blasting or stripping the castings one way or another, painting with an etching primer - that leaves a finish coat

I know I always recommend Imron, but I can't get it any more and the Imron I have left is black and I don't want a black drill press - I want a nice modern pale green color, I think - so the question is - urethane? lacquer? acrylic? two part epoxy? catalyzed acrylic? I have a finishmaster automotive paint store nearby - I can get a pint of paint with some catalyst for $30 or so - I don't mind using expensive materials because I really really really hate doing stuff over -

so, what do you-all think?

Reply to
William Noble

I use Rustoleum industrial, usually Smoke Gray, and it holds up just fine.

Ive also used the Sherwin Williams CENTURIOn Water-based Urethane with good results on machine tools

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner