Best Rated threads in ⏣ General Metalworkingshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hardinge DSM-59 turret problem
I have a Hardinge DSM-59. I have a drill chuck mounted in one of the positions and had a center drill in the chuck. When I went to center drill the stock the center drill was not in the center of the...
2
2

best lube for plastic wheels on metal track
i made garage door with 5/8 wood 4x8, screwed large boket door wheels and used the same track for wheels. i would like to now what would be best for sliding wheel or best lube.
5
5

Dyna Myte 2800 manual needed
Just purchased a Dyna Myte 2800 mill and am looking for the operation and maintenance manuals for the machine. Thanks, Ken
2
2

Is it possible to see a flying bullet?
I was at a gun range today with a friend, shooting a 9mm hand gun. When he was shooting, I was standing behind him, watching. After a few shots, I realized that I may have seen a glimpse of the...
22
22

Colchester Chipmaster %x20
We have a 5X20 Chipmaster at the museum where I volunteer. It has been a lovely little machine,and is very solid and ridgid for its size. We are having a problem with it at the present though, and...
2
2

Keyless chuck on drill press?
I recently got a Clausing drill press to replace a dead buffalo. I lubed the chuck and it's still funky so, we decided on replacing it. It's on a JT33. The last straw was one of the guys goes to...
10
10

Table jumps around when drilling with an end mill
I think I know what's happening, but I'd like people's take on this: I was drilling six 5/16" holes (in a line, spaced 0.4037" apart), carefully centering the Millrite spindle over the crossed layout...
37
37

Questions regarding experiences with loctite & using 680 or 630 series retaining compounds as thread-lockers
Hi everyone, Is there anyone in the forum that has used any of the 600 series loctite "retaining compounds" as thread-lockers ? I have tested some loctite # 262 & #2760 thead-locker on a #10-24 screw...
17
17

Converting ac welder to dc
need plans to convert ac welder to dc thanks andries
7
7

Adjusting the taper spindle bearings on a RF-45 clone:
I have just taken ownership of one of the RF-45 clones. The spindle seems to have a lot of "radial" play. Hope that is what it is called. I basically put a dial indicator against the lowest portion of...
1
1