Best Rated threads in ⏣ General Metalworkingshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Jackson vertical mill - information?
I'm going to look at a Jackson vertical mill tomorrow night. I've not found out much about them. It appears they were a WW2-era machine, and probably BS#9 spindle taper. Does anyone here have any...
2
2

Small welding blanket
I would like to buy a small welding blanket (maybe 5x5 or so). The purpose of it would be shielding flammable stuff from welding spatter. I am a little dazzled by various choices, for example on...
8
8

Drill Press Repair
My father-in-law has well broken in drill press that he wants me to repair. He told me it was built in 1918. It says "CANEDY OTTO MFG CO" on the side of the column. Flat belt driven. Has a...
5
5

grounding fuel drums
I keep 3 to 5 drums of fuel in a storage container. This "sea can" is very well vented and stays close to outside air temp (does not get humid, etc). I recently rec'd a friendly email reminding us...
15
15

Profile cutting lathe bit
I have some aluminum "A" belt profile V belt pulleys to make from 6061 T6. Could the grooves be plunge cut (one at a time) with a single cutter ground to an A groove profile? The lathe I have is a...
4
4

Ground flat stock?
I'm wanting to make a cross slide for a CNC lathe conversion similar to OmniTurn units. The basic idea is to mount THK linear rails on steel flat stock to make a cross slide. I have questions within...
4
4

Clarke bandsaw parts
My Clarke brand 4 1/2" bandsaw just gave up the ghost. The driven gear in the gearbox is smooth as a baby's backside in several spots, and the teeth are sharp as knives in others. Does anyone know...
2
2

Lathe identification
I just got a small lathe, about 12 inches, with no name, logo or other markings. Can anyone tell me what I have or tell me where I might find information about it. It can be seen at: - Charles Looks...
4
4

Delta 17" drill press spindle configurations exposed!
I've posted some sales lit illustrating the spindle/bearing arrangement used on the Delta/Rockwell 17" drill presses. Explains the whys including a very nice exploded diagram and can be found in the...

campbell hausfeld mig conversion kit
there is a listing on ebay for a mig conversion kit for a campbell hausfeld welder. I have a campbell hausfeld welder that I use with the flux core and it works pretty good. What benefits would this...

Sawzall blade weldability question
Greetings all, O.K., it is actually a Morse brand reciprocating saw blade, but you get the idea. :) I have the need to weld,(TIG) said blade to a piece of 16 ga. CRS to form a serrated edge for...
4
4