Best Rated threads in ⏣ General Metalworkingshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

AIR BLAST For Steel Milling
I was milling some parts yesterday on the Hurco. Some steel parts. I was using AlTin coated carbide mills. The parts looked ok, and the chips looked good. Mostly blue with a few silver chips. The...
11
11

My Dalton lathe
Recently picked up this late, just learning how to use it any info on no model number Tag any info on it would be greatly appreciated thank you PolyTech Forum PolyTech Forum Since it is an old late...
2
2

Dumore Drill Sharpner
What is one of these woth these days? Thanks CP If you mean the 21-011 guys are still asking close to $us500 for them. Not sure if they are getting it. How complete is it? Does it have the mounted...
4
4

Easiest/cheapest way/tool to bend small steel flat bar?
I would like to neatly bend some 7/8 inch wide 1/8 inch thick steel flat bar. The bend point need not be a precise location, the ends can be cut reasonably accurate, reasonably small as possible...
12
12

"Welding" Unknown Pot Metal
I've got a part I'd like to repair if for no other reason than to be able to do it. The value is much lower than my time. It?s a die cast mystery alu-zinc part. From what I have read the...
24
24

losing colors after waxing a heat-patina on steel
Hi there- I'm very new to metalworking and am just finishing my first big project, a city skyline silhouetted offset from a background, all comprising sheet met al steel. To create contrast, I used an...
6
6

PAM Cooking Spray
I installed a new stove a couple weeks ago in the house. It was no big deal. The most stressful part was making sure it was jetted and regulated for LP gas instead of natural gas. I left off (a...
10
10

Engine oil burning mystery
The engine is in a 1990s Honda H5013 tractor. This is a small tractor with a 13 HP air cooled engine. The tractor sat for 5 years in my brother's yard without being started or moved . My son went down...
7
7

Hydraulics help please
I have a 90 something Honda H5013 4wd tractor. It's a small tractor as tractors go but it is a real workhorse. Anyway, it has a 4 foot dozer blade that has 3 positions, left, right, and center. I...
43
43

Here's how to quit a bad job!
Why fire a drama queen employee when they quit first? It all worked out great.
1
1

A beautiful sight
At least to me beautiful. Saturday I turned a bunch of aluminum castings for a customer. They are about 5 inches long and 2.375 diameter with a bunch of grooves and a 4 inch diameter flange on one...
2
2

Longitudinal feed gear
I have a 24-150. The longitudinal gear is worn and needs replacing. Anyone know where one is? I have a 24-150. The longitudinal gear is worn and needs replacing. Anyone know where one is?
1
1

Granite countertop edges
My granite counter top in the kitchen has about a 1/16" radius edge. Big mistake! now the edge has a number of little chips out of it. I wonder if there is a way to fix without removing it and sending...
9
9

Cute Childs Milling Machine
Nice little mill for the closet shop. Best Regards Tom. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Childs-Co-No-0000-Milling-Machine/372261058245?hash=item56ac7cf6c5:g:Eo8AAOSwcxVauuBr

Propane tanks - 5 gallon - recomended sources?
Decided I need a new/second tank - standard five gallon one each. Any comments, recommendations on where is a good source. There is the Blue Rhino stand at Safeway, but what is consensus? -- pyotr...
11
11

mini backhoe
I am trying to collect material and ideas in order to make a mini backhoe. I may never make one, but I am proceeding on the grounds that I will. Before starting in on how I should just buy a real...
73
73

Opinions sought-most flexible air hose
I'm sure some folks here will agree on a particular brand, at least I hope so. I am looking for the most flexible and lightest 1/4 I.D. air hose. The hose is to be used in my machine shop so it must...
6
6

Craftsman Club member letter from Sears
It is a little old, but likely coming of age! :-) Seems that Sears is tired of hunting down companies that would make a line of tools for them. Every few years the product line would be changed as the...
3
3

Washing Machine Motors - What a Difference From Mom's Old Washing Machine
Just for the heck of it I decided to tear down our old washing machine to see what might be salvageable. For parts. Not much really. There is a little tiny servo for the detergent dispenser. Doesn't...
14
14

Iggy Old Military Manuals
Do you by any chance have one on a compressor from The Cornelius Co out of Minneapolis Minnesota? The compressor is a 130RO300-8. I was told it was last being used as a scuba tank compressor, but it...
1
1