Best Rated threads in ⏣ General Metalworkingshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

engie oil leak hyster lift truck
hyster lift truck s40xms mazda 2.0 engine oil leak at bottom bell housing inspection port replaced rear main seal and oil pan gasket sill have leak engie has 27000 hr on it wade fired this volley in...
5
5

Purging hydraulic system (water in oil)
I own a semi trailer with a hydraulic beavertail. It has several hydraulic cylinders and a hydraulic winch. We run it using a hydraulic unit that we made with a Honda engine that replaced the electric...
8
8

Silver solder 12L14?
I have a 5 hp leaf blower that has an aluminum hub for the fan/impeller. It has wallowed out, both in the keyway and bore, so I decided to make a new one from steel. I had a piece of 12L14 that was...
2
2

Boring out Atlas Lathe headstock?
Has anyone ever bored out the headstock of an Atlas 10" or 12" lathe? I know it would ruin the #3 Morse taper in the headstock, but I seldom use it. Besides, I have both a 10F and a 12" Craftsman. If...
5
5

What parts to salvage from a Boyar Schultz 612 Deluxe
I have a Boyar Schultz 612 grinder. While it works, except for the electromagnetic chuck power supply, it is in a rough visual condition and I likely will not be able to sell it for much over scrap...
14
14

RC car or tank type platform for building a robot
My 12 year old is enrolled in science olympiad competition. He has to make a robot that will pick up a tennis ball and move it somewhere else. It is limited to 30cm in any dimension, so RC tanks would...
18
18

SideWinder Vise Attachment
All: Just saw this just today, they've supposedly been out for about a year or so. Neat idea IMO. A lot of second op work on the end of long parts i s done with large heavy angle plates, indicated...
12
12

Best air gas leak detection fluid
What is the best air gas leak detection fluid (other than just soapy water)? I see Ace has 2 OZ for $4. Another (LDF) wants $20 for a small bottle. Neither sounds sexy or reasonable to me. Mix...
19
19

Best hold in thin alumium?
I have a problem holding thin aluminum, about .080", together for a period of 3 - 4 months in an outdoor environment. I have tried drilling and taping with # 8, 10, 12, fine & course thread machine...
61
61

Looking for core bit retipping machine
Our Company is looking for core bit retipping machine a range where we can retip min till 400 diameter for our Qatar operations. up to a core bit length of 500mm: We need details of company or...

Milwaukee Hole Hawg handle replacement
Have an old one from the early 70s that still runs. On line replacement part lookup at Milwaukee shows the handle as obsolete. As is the next newer variation in the late 70s... Current model is of...
5
5

Need to duplicate an old flat spring
I need to duplicate an old flat spring but need to match the hardness or flex. The "spring" is just a small flat piece, 3/16" wide, 1-1/2" long and .005" thick. It goes to a 1900's vintage device so...
52
52

How to operate HYBCO TAP GRINDER 1100
I have purchased one used Hybco 1100 tap grinder _specially for Right Hand relieving the taps Chamfer _. But it is relieving only Left hand chamfer on the tap. I want Right hand relieve on the chamfer...

Cutting railroad rail with a bandsaw
As part of the scrap deal I mentioned earlier (antique stone planers), I also acquired two railroad rails. They were used for railroad service before, and after that they were used for some custom...
52
52

Allen-Bradley 7320 control for sale
Anybody need parts for an Allen-Bradley 7320 CNC control? I have a complete 7320 that worked fine last time I powered it up (which was a while ago). I have the I/O boards, CPU boards, diagnostic...
29
29

Welding with ol' Rog?
Wanted to send the link to this article to my stepson in AU who is a welder, can't find it. Used to be on the Ageless Iron section of Agriculture Online, but can't find it there. Appears to now be...
2
2

What kind of lathe has V-flat ways rails with 80 degree V angle? - Photo
In "What kind of lathe has V-flat ways rails with 80 degree V angle?" posted on 14 June 2013 to RCM, I asked if anybody could identify a steady rest with 80-degree included angle Vee-flat ways. I now...
7
7

Micrometer on Craigslist
"PrecisionmachinisT" fired this volley in news:D_Kdnejdj64umVjMnZ2dnUVZ You posted that, didn't you? What an evil (funny as HELL) thing! I'll bet you sell it. Lloyd I remember seeing adjustable...
15
15

MEC BROWN CUT OFF SAW
Can any one help, we are trying to find a 2 speed rotary switch for a Mec Brown 75 cut off saw. the info we have is that it is an "Ergo two speed switch VDE 0660" 415 volt 50h The DIN VDE 0660 is...
2
2

proper way to use a lock washer?
When using a nut, lock washer and bolt, should you also use a flat washer between the object and the lock washer? I have seen it done a million times that way but it seems the flat washer defeats the...
24
24