Can I melt lead?

Larry Jaques on Sat, 04 Jul 2015

04:48:35 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

No, the brain damage is why he started melting all that lead.

pyotr filipivich

The question is: How do you press and seat one backwards without it going off?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That's what I have to worry about every time I ScarySharp(tm) an iron for my plane. It puts a single-molecule edge on the things which, if you wave it around too fast, will split atoms. And you know what happens when you do _that_.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gunner Asch on Sat, 04 Jul 2015 16:02:51 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I did not test that hypothesis.

pyotr filipivich

Larry Jaques on Sun, 05 Jul 2015

06:31:24 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Very carefully? OTOH, them Hindus are a very clever people ... eh whot?

pyotr filipivich

I got VERY lucky and only got an "S" for STUPID on the back of my right thumb during a "brain fart" when I thought it would be quicker to cool my mold in water!

Reply to
geraldrmiller

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca on Sun, 05 Jul 2015 14:49:31 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

It wasn't the cooling in water which caused my brother's experiments in home economics, it was failing to get it completely

100% dry before pouring the hot lead onto the licence plate we used for messing about.

pyotr filipivich