case 310b or I just had a case of more dollars and sense

Hi, I just pickup up a Case 310b backhoe, vintage 1960 or so.

It runs and everything works sort-of.

Does anyone have and want to sell or know where I can get a service manual. The factory only sells the operators manual and parts catalog.

Any general advice on the care and feeding of such a beast would also be welcome.

Al

Reply to
Alpinekid

Wash, wax and exercise daily!

CROQ

On Wed, 19 May 2004 01:18:54 GMT, Alpinekid vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!: remove ns from my header address to reply via email

A clue. $$. jensales.com

Not cheap.

But I have a Michigan 45B loader and nobody was able to come up with a lot of the manuals. jensales did.

The trouble is, these companies had many manuals, from driver's to "rear wheel clutch outer bearing'

Price theirs and then see below.

Check with Case locally first. Tread carefuly. State your "Case". Be prepared to provide a "Case" of their favourite lager, and walk in the door they tell you to walk through, front or back!!!!

Sometimes in a workplace you find snot on the wall of the toilet cubicles. You feel "What sort of twisted child would do this?"....the internet seems full of them. It's very sad

Reply to
Old Nick

any special kind of wax:-)

I was think more in the lines of ; The backhoe has to stay outside so is it better to leave the rams retracted to protect them. That means extending the hoe and laying it down. I need to that anyway to grease it. But then if I cannt get it started I also can't tow it because the hoe would be all streached out.

Al

Reply to
Alpinekid

I went through this sort of dealer deal recently, trying to get a real factory shop manual for a CAT machine.

The service manager had told me to check back every few months, and as soon as they no longer had any of these machines in rental service, he would

*give* me his extra copy. Friendly guy. It's a $400 manual. I would have done something nice in return.

Unfortunately when the time his boss got in the way, so I wound up buying it for $200, still happy though.

Anyway, there are some friendly service reps out there, just use the correct door! Not the one to the front office.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Powell

Thanks for the tip on jensales. The local Case dealer just emailed me and said the manual are available. I just hope they really are. I told him to go ahead and order them.

Al

Reply to
Alpinekid