Check your garages, Can of Krylon spray paint up to $100

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&categoryA991&itemY09835409
Paul K. Dickman

Jeez... Are old paint cans now collectable? I'm going to go through my junk drawers. I'm betting I have some old toothbrushes that might fetch a pretty penny. I wonder what my 20 year old gallon can of carb cleaner will bring?
Peter

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&categoryA991&itemY09835409
Somebody please explain this to me. Is this a collectable or is there some other obscure valve here that I don't see?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&categoryA991&itemY09835409

It's collectible. Just like bottle caps or stamps, vintage containers or advertising stuff is pretty hot. I got a $170 bid for a '60s can of Krylon of mine last year.
GTO(John)

some
of
Hmmm........
Mebbe I shouldnt hold a garge sale after all.....
--
SVL

You have got to be kidding me! Absolutely unbelievable! Some people have more dollars than sense!
Lane

some
of
Chief McGee wrote:

it had a start bid of $9.99??? you can go to store and get a can for about $4.00 tops.... probably a mistake.. but then i got on amazon.com and checked out some books i have..... one list for $9.95 on the back of the book.. they have it there for $113.79??? and another for $75... so if some idiot would want the book they would pay that price... but i dont think these guys on ebay are gonna pay $99 for a can of paint.. its like the old bed pan on ebay... people were biding on it... alot of kids out of school during the summer with nothing to do....guess what they are doing now... thats right on the computer...one two three...ha, ha, ha, they think it is funny to do this???? i guess it is better than doing other things?????
im rich !!!!!!
I got three quarts of kendall straight 40 weight racing oil from the late 60's. Should I put them on Ebay? Seriously?
Brian

calmly ranted:

Why not? You might get very lucky like the Krylon owner.
--
- Tom Mix Died For Your Sins -

||Somebody with a '68 (insert collector car here) will probably buy them so he ||can say "all original" with a completely straight face! || ||Peter
Probably someone with a connection to Kryln that wanted a sample of each of their products as the packge changed through the years. Not uncommon. A few years ago WD-40 had a nationwide search for the oldest 3-In-1 oil can, with a serious prize for the winner.
Texas Parts Guy