Dropbox Question

I just finished an exercise in automatically generating a LaTeX file from Scilab, to make a change gear table for my Smithy for all the thread pitches listed as standard in Machinery's Handbook.

For no reason I can really justify well, the tables include _all_ the combinations of available gears that will get you a particular thread, not just one each. (The biggest reason I had is I didn't know what might be the _best_ combination, much less how to choose it automatically, so I punted. I also thought it'd be keen to be able to choose a pair that you could switch between rapidly, if I ever do semi-production work with two different threads).

I thought I'd post a pdf to the dropbox, if there's interest. Does the dropbox take pdf or zip files?

I'll post the Scilab code, too, but to use it as-is you'd need to have Scilab _and_ LaTeX installed.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

[snip rationale]

It does - there are 3 zip files and 90 pdf files in the dropbox at the moment, and the pdf's download ok.

Sage+Latex is another commonly-used way of putting math results in latex files. See section 2.5.1 in

and , which apparently tells how to produce bits of latex code to be copied into a latex file, vs sage code being embedded within a latex file via the SageTeX package, as shown in example.pdf and example.tex from .

You might find yume2's lala menu useful if frequently rerunning latex. See . If you need to run a Scilab command before running latex, type it into the top text box, in front of the text "latex-2ps", along with a semicolon separator.

Reply to
James Waldby