FS -- 15 HP, 3500 RPM electric motor

BRAND NEW
15 HP 3500 RPM
Rec.Crafts.Metalworking Price is $150, this is a cash on pickup price
http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/misc/ebay/WEG-15HP-Electric-Motor /

Kinda steep, eh, Ig?? Esp. for rcm'ers?? AND for 3500 rpm!!
--
EA

> http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/misc/ebay/WEG-15HP-Electric-Motor/

OK, $100

Probably 3600 RPM.

3500 under full load.
think of all the meat you could grind with it
On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 13:33:02 -0600, the infamous Ignoramus28336

Izzat culled meat?
-- We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them. -- Abigail Adams, letter to John Adams, 1774

Yer a soft touch. :)
--
EA

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 11:43:22 -0500, "Existential Angst"

It would make one hell of a rotary converter
And its a hell of a price for a NEW one.
Gunner

Yep, Gunner, brand new

Izzat bec of the 15 hp, or bec of the 3500 rpm?
In general, do higher rpm motors make better rpc's than lower rpm??
--
EA

> And its a hell of a price for a NEW one.
On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 22:56:53 -0500, "Existential Angst"

Yes.
Yes.
However...they can be far more noisy. The 10hp I built screamed like a GE turbofan while running. So loud that I simply continue to run a far more quiet 5hp RPC, located outside of the shop in a sound deadening container, abit well ventilated.
Gunner
Gunner sez: "It would make one hell of a rotary converter"
Right on. And you could get by without run capacitors as long as it wasn't too heavily loaded. It'd probably pull a 3 HP load with little loss of voltage on the 2 odd legs.
Bob Swinney.