Help, birds in shop

The birds in my shop have never bothered me in the past years. They simply build nests on top of the truss members. HOWEVER! Now they started picking away at the blanket insulation under the metal roof, and, not only are they stealing insulation for nest building, BUT, they learned to simply climb between the insulation and the metal roof and nest therein.
Since most of this roof is 20 feet high, it is impossible for me to fix the damage. While there are numerous holes about the diameter of a volleyball, there is on area with a 3 foot by 4 foot piece missing. These are all areas where my cat can't reach.
Any solutions, suggestions greatly appreciated.
Ivan Vegvary
On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 13:25:44 -0700 (PDT), Ivan Vegvary

Hire a couple young guys to bring tall ladders and put up netting, Ivan. Plastic mesh is inexpensive, but it'll have to be installed at truss height. If your trusses are open, simple nylon cable ties will work to hold it up. At the corners and odd places, you may need to make sheetmetal deflectors to keep the birds out. This is a lot cheaper and easier than reinsulating.
How are they getting into the shop in the first place? Cover those holes with fiberglass screening or hardware cloth. That will keep squirrels and other varmints out, too.
http://tinyurl.com/ktuz27z 14x100' 3/4" netting $57 http://tinyurl.com/krozpqg 1000 Zip Tie 4.3" (2-6wk dlvy HK) $4.50 http://tinyurl.com/lslvbgs 1000 Zip Tie 6" $11 http://tinyurl.com/kys7c9f 1000 Zip Tie 8" $16
Alternatively, if they're getting in because the large door is left open, just net the door...after you hire a ladder/guy to remove birds.
--
I would be the most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people
who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.
On 03/30/2014 01:25 PM, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

Wire mesh and pellet rifle, in that order.
Jon
Load some shotgun shells with rock salt - remove the lead shot and replace with the salt. Won't damage the metal roof.