MiniArc 130?-110vt stick welder

Going back to the 110vt stick welder topic..I was installing some powered chain hoists over the last few days on existing chainhoist tracks and needed to weld up some cable supports and whatnot out of 2x

1/4" L steel. Was working ok with my Weldpack 100 until I ran out of wire..(damn..thought there was more on the spool..sigh)...and as I was working on a manlift 15' off the floor..a big machine (customer has several) was out of the question. So he dug out an Airco "MiniArc 130", 110vt stick welder. With 3/32 6013..that little bastard was a Pleasure to use. Must be inverter based as its quite light, but Airco has long been out of business.

Anyone know who made this welder? Has an amps dial on the front, and an off/on switch on the back..and thats all the controls it has. DC welder

Bout 5x6x20" long, black front, maybe red underpaint which leads me to think Lincoln..but didnt think Airco had any rebadged Lincolns.

There is a picture of one here...

Id LOVE to find one, or an equivelant.

And yes..it had more than enough oomph to turn a stick of 3/32 bright red when I stuck the rod in the puddle a little too deep and was getting very nice penetration in the 1/4" L and the 8" I-beam I was welding them to. So a (good) 110vt stick welder will suit my purposes nicely.

Gunner

Political Correctness

Gunner

Check the ID plate on the welder, there may be some indication of who made it. The label on my Airco says Esab somewhere in the serial number or full part number.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Data plate is missing. There is only a slightly more shiney square on the plastic where it used to be. I checked...

Gunner

Political Correctness

Gunner

Can't see it too well in the photo but it looks a lot like a Miller Maxstar

140 to me.

Lincoln had something similar but I don't remember it looking quite like that.

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Keith Marshall

That might be right. I think my first buzzbox arc welder was branded as Airco and I was certain that it was a rebadged Miller.

Reply to
Don Foreman

That is a rebadged ESAB inverter.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

VERY VERY close. Lead connections on the MiniArc are at the bottom front, and the labeling and so forth are different, and dont include anything about tig. Airco went t*ts up about 12 or more years ago..probably closer to 20..so its likely to be an older model.

If yall ever run across such a beasty, or the Esab version (Ive been studying...) or a Lincoln Invetec 110vt stick...for cheap/trade..yall keep me in mind.

Anyone have any experience with the Horrible Freight inverter/stick welder?

Looked at one the other day. Tiny little bastard. Stinger was shit. Done know anyone who has used one, nothing on google about it. Someone on ebay has one for sale.

How about the ArcOne...

Gunner

Political Correctness

Gunner

Doing some more research..this appears to be a French made GYS MI-125 with a grey paint job....

Feb 3 2005, 12:06 am

jerry snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

One other reference that I found indicated that they pop their capacitors occasionally.

I see them for sale in Europe and Oz..anyone have any experience with them?

Gunner

Political Correctness

Gunner

Wow, 80A, 100% duty cycle on 120v & weighs *10* lbs! And this is an older model(?), so the newer ones must be even more impressive. Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

I just happen to stumble on this site as I searched the net for an Airco Mini

130. I have one that I bought over 20 years ago. Great machine. I used it mostly for tig on stainless tubing and it still works as good as new. If anyone out there is interested it's for sale. You can contact me at snipped-for-privacy@cds1.net Denny
Reply to
Denny

Airco Mini 130 DC 110 welder: I just happen to stumble on this site as I searched the net for an Airco Mini

130. I have one that I bought over 20 years ago. Great machine. I used it mostly for tig on stainless tubing and it still works as good as new. If anyone out there is interested it's for sale. You can contact me at snipped-for-privacy@cds1.net Denny
Reply to
Denny

Airco's arc welding products were bought by ESAB sometime in the '80s.

Here's the operator's manual for the ESAB Miniarc 150 (it's a PDF):

Ed Huntress

I have one just picked it up at auction.and yes one transister is burned out

Reply to
mo

Reply to
bakoder

replying to Denny, charlene k hawelu wrote: MY HUSBAND DIED AND I HAVE ONE FOR SALE

Reply to
charlene k hawelu

replying to charlene k hawelu, Gunner Asch wrote: Id be more than interested in purchasing your welder snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to