need information about AC servo systems

is it right to say:

1) induction system is cheaper then brushless system (with the same capability)? 2) brushless motor is stronger then induction motor (in the same size)? 3) brushlees system more suit for position application?

eli

Reply to
elitkh

If by capability you mean power, I'd say yes, especially in larger systems.

Yes, that's a pretty safe generalization.

If maximum stiffness and response are requirements, yes.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Your welcome. That system is pretty well documented, let me know if you'd like any details.

I'm curious about what sort of app you've got where a stepper outperforms a servo. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be a situation where the load inertia is unpredictable.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

It's a precision thing. We have an RF isolations screen room, with stepper motors operating non-metalic shafts that penetrate the wall.

We use them to control voltages inside the screen room to a high degree of accuracy by operating ten turn pots. With a fine and a coarse mode, we can get 1 part in 10e6 stability and control. The nice thing is that if the power goes out, nothing loses its place.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen