OT: 35% More CO2

It was reported on CBS news last night that the level of CO2 in the
atmosphere is now 35% higher than it was at the start of the industrial
revolution. So I guess the question for all you anti global warming rocket
scientists is if man isn't the cause of this increase in atmospheric CO2
levels by burning fossil fuels, then what is the cause? Oh, and back up your
answer with real scientific evidence not the typical name calling you resort
to whenever you can't back up your assertions with facts.
Hawke
Reply to
Hawke
Then please provide the scientific evidence to support your claim.
Shawn
Reply to
Shawn
Pardon me, but why?
Reply to
cavelamb himself
You mean that news agency reporting that a recent death can be directly attributable to global warming?
I'm curious if uninformed, so tell me what percentage of greenhouse gases comprise CO2?
/kram
Hawke wrote:
Reply to
Mark F
Because CBS news isn't IMHO a scientific source. I'm looking for some credibility to his claim of 35% higher CO2. He is also demanding that any contradictions be scientifically supported without qualifying his claim to be scientifically proven.
Shawn
Reply to
Shawn
Well, that certainly does it for me. If CBS News said it, it must be true. I mean, if they say it on tv, it has to be the truth, right. It's all the same naysayers who say wrestling is fake. HAH!
Steve ;-)
Reply to
SteveB
Huh? CO2 is a gas in itself, and is comprised of carbon and oxygen. From my very limited knowledge of chemistry, I do not think ANY greenhouse gases are in CO2.
Wouldn't the question be: what percentage of CO2 comprises the atmosphere?
BTW, can anyone describe and list the "greenhouse gases"?
Just curious.
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
OK, pardon my late nite grammar. CO2 comprises what percentage of greenhouse gases? Get it now? /kram
SteveB wrote:
Reply to
Mark F
Well yeah, but...
Please parson my hard headed foolishness, but - so what?
If it's true - you can change it.
And if it's not - who cares what he - or they - say?
Reply to
cavelamb himself
AWG has already been debunked, it's only the people that have a religious investment in it that still cling to the failed "science". In a few years it will all be forgotten except for the social outcasts that will meet in somebody's mother's basement and share a few juice boxes while lamenting the loss of their god.
Reply to
Tom Gardner
Pah! Another bloody atheist.
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
From
major natural greenhouse gases are water vapor, which causes about 36-70% of the greenhouse effect on Earth (not including clouds); carbon dioxide, which causes 9-26%; methane, which causes 4-9%, and ozone, which causes 3-7%. It is not possible to state that a certain gas causes a certain percentage of the greenhouse effect, because the influences of the various gases are not additive. (The higher ends of the ranges quoted are for the gas alone; the lower ends, for the gas counting overlaps.)[2][3] Other greenhouse gases include, but are not limited to, nitrous oxide, sulfur hexafluoride, hydrofluorocarbons, perfluorocarbons and chlorofluorocarbons (see IPCC list of greenhouse gases).
That last link, the IPCC list, get you another wikipedia page listing 1998 and 1750 levels of many of the gases, and gives as source the 1994 and 1998 IPCC reports which I'm sure give their sources if you track them down.
-- Regards, Carl Ijames carl dott ijames aat verizon dott net (remove nospm or make the obvious changes before replying)
Reply to
Carl Ijames
Im rather curious if they could accurately measue atmospheric CO2 at the start of the industiral revolution, in the first place. Gunner
Reply to
Gunner
Ayup...just like NBC

Gunner
Tom
The Greenland Ice Core Project boreholes provided trapped air samples going back over 100,000 years. Notice what they think of the results.
jw
Reply to
Jim Wilkins
Well, first you need to back up your claims with something a little more reliable than a report on CBS News.
Reply to
Doug Miller
So, will the liberal networks try staging global warming? How will that work? Hold a Zippo under a thermometer at the north pole?
Reply to
Tom Gardner
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 08:56:54 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Carl Ijames" quickly quoth:
Save the Earth: Get rid of that damned anthropogenic ocean which creates all those horrible greenhouse gases!
Oh, wait a minute. WE didn't create the ocean...
-- Seen on a bumper sticker: ARM THE HOMELESS
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Does this mean I can turn down my shielding gas flow meter??? :'))
Reply to
Randy Zimmerman