OT: 35% More CO2

It means iron astoroids hitting the earth will be case hardened.
Best Regards Tom.
Reply to
azotic
Hawke wrote in article ...
It has also been reported that a single major volcano eruption produces MORE carbon dioxide than the entire human population.
Does that mean that humans are only responsible for 17.5 percent?
Reply to
*
I haven't seen the statistics on that, but based on what you're saying, it sounds like 365 days a year of major volcanic eruptions might be an explanation that counterbalances the fact that humans live here 365 days a year.
-- Ed Huntress
Reply to
Ed Huntress
I want to know where they obtained the 1750 CO2 levels, since there were no means for such measurements, nor did anyone care what the measurements were.
Jim Chandler
Reply to
Jim Chandler
I remember seeing that one - and told my folks there was something fishy about the way that "gas" fire started.
My dad scoffed at that. "You SAW it happen!", he said.
Yeah, maybe so.
But I'm not sure I believe everything I see these days.
Reply to
cavelamb himself
I think they're getting those old CO2-level measurements by analyzing the air bubbles trapped in Antarctic ice.
-- Ed Huntress
Reply to
Ed Huntress
Gunner
This part?
Examination of a 217-meter temperature profile developed from a site near the GISP2 borehole reveals a recent warming in near-surface firn which is within the range of natural variability, providing no definitive evidence of anthropogenically-induced greenhouse gas warming [ Alley and Koci, 1990].
Reply to
Gunner
Since you find that organization credible, have a look at their more recent postion - the cite you gave is 17 years old.
2003:
Ned Simmons
Tom, you owe me a new keyboard. When I first saw that, my brain registered "hippo" instead of "Zippo".
John Martin
Reply to
John Martin
Highly suspect since CO2 is highly soluble in cold water Free men own guns - www(dot)geocities(dot)com/CapitolHill/5357/
Reply to
Nick Hull
Well, you can have that out with the climatologists and other scientists who do it. Chances are they know what they're doing.
-- Ed Huntress
Reply to
Ed Huntress
Not to mention that during all the "warming periods" when the historical temperature and CO2 levels were much higher than they are now... the ice was melting, the glaciers were retreating, and the ice caps were shrinking; so how can there be any record from the hundreds of years worth of ice that melted off every time it got hot out? Even the "coldest place on earth" has gotten into the 40 - 50 degree range in recent times... probably melting off the last 200 years of ice core data; so in the future this "warm period" won't show up in the ice core data either! LOL
Reply to
David Courtney
Why not acquaint yourself with a few facts about the "coldest place on earth":
Tom
I don't know, David, and chances are that no one here really knows, either. It's a case of the semi-informed talking through their hats.
Whether the CO2 is dissolved in the water that formed the ice, or in bubbles, or what the hell, no one here is likely qualified to evaluate, either.
Take that for what it's worth. Aside from reporting what the experts have to say, this conversation sounds like your average bank teller trying to explain the heat treatment of high-speed steel, with phase diagrams included.
-- Ed Huntress
Reply to
Ed Huntress
According to a graph in Scientific American (in yet another alarmist article) those much higher levels of CO2 ended tens of millions of years ago. The ice core data becomes unreliable at about 110K years ago because the pressure at that depth deforms the ice.
They chose their drilling sites carefully to get a good continuous record and correlated the stratigraphic dates with cores from the Vostok site in Antarctica, using Oxygen-18 isotope ratios (which have been very carefully documented in the study of ocean sediments).
Snow accumulation actually -increases- considerably in warmer times, such as the Medieval Warming Period. jw
Reply to
Jim Wilkins
Think Carbon Cycle. Now get off it. Oh - look it up. Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

Hawke wrote:
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
Hawke isn't one for facts and logic, Martin. You're wasting your time.
Reply to
Dave Hinz
When there is an excess of CO2 it develops reefs by forming carbonates of calcium.
We get a great great great great deal of CO2 and CO from Volcanoes. A single Volcano as was in the Philippines swamps out any CO2 man can produce.
CO2 is absorbed by trees and plants and green stuff in the ocean. In turn the plants keep the carbon and release the oxygen.
Go buy a tree. Stop blaming North America. The crime is in Brazil. The Amazon forest is vaporizing to the axe and chainsaw. Then to Chinese Wood mills to be shipped on Chinese ships to China.
Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

SteveB wrote:
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
Damn straight. I'm up about 5000-10000 trees in the planted vs. harvested scorecard (sorry, no specifics, don't care, way the fark ahead) and people who bitch at me for burning wood are somewhere between pathetic and embarassingly ignorant.
"Oh, I've planted _two_ trees!. Every time Arbor Day comes around and am not busy taking my kids to soccer prcactice!"
Me: OK, come back to me when you plant another 4,998. Or just shut up, that'd be OK too.
It's somewhere between amusing and pathetic how people who don't do shit with the issue pretend that them caring makes any difference. Meanwhile, those who are actually helping get no recognition. (shrug) I don't care, those ash and walnut trees will be ready for harvest by the time I want to retire. In the meantime they're absorbing CO2 and excreting O2. And making damn nice lumber in the process, a few decades out.
Reply to
Dave Hinz