Precision Electronic Levels - The Germans Arrive

rote:

I have a Quorn T&C grinder for which I balance the cup wheel experimentally. Not perfect but perfectly adequate. Usually 3 or 4 tries suffice.

I tried to implement one of those automatic balancing features which has some steel balls in a circular track (a variant of this is sold for tire balancing by blowing it in through the valve). Sometimes it appeared to improve the balance, at times it appeared worse. Tried it on the Quorn before doing it to the turbogenerator, but the results were too iffy to mangle the turbine.

Wolfgang

Reply to
wfhabicher

I have a Quorn T&C grinder for which I balance the cup wheel experimentally. Not perfect but perfectly adequate. Usually 3 or 4 tries suffice.

I tried to implement one of those automatic balancing features which has some steel balls in a circular track (a variant of this is sold for tire balancing by blowing it in through the valve). Sometimes it appeared to improve the balance, at times it appeared worse. Tried it on the Quorn before doing it to the turbogenerator, but the results were too iffy to mangle the turbine.

Wolfgang

sitting next to me I have a thing called a Davey Vibrometer - a pretty old piece of machinery that may have had something to do with balancing - I found the patent but it didn't really give a lot of insight into how it would be useful. I could upload a photo to the drop box if there is interest (or of course I could sell it to someone who had an interest) - it looks to me like it is the same kind of mechanism found in a mechanical comparator - it has a high gain mechanical path and an optical beam.

Reply to
Bill Noble