NASA still trying to prove the moon landing wasn't faked.

Image 24 where there is no disturbance of the "moon" dirt from a rocket engine firing.

Bradley K. Shurman

NASA don't have to prove anything - it is the idiotic conspiracy theorists job to try & prove their case - which they can't, as all their claims are easily debunked.

Reply to
Vidcapper

Not only that, every country with the ability to do so was optically tracking the Apollo missions as well as listening in to their transmissions. If the missions weren't real, every other country on the planet would have been screaming that it was fake at the time. They weren't because it was real. The pictures coming from the moon were streamed live on TV at the time for everyone to see. You can't fake that.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Findley

There is pre-flight full dress rehearsal and post-flight staged footage that attention-starved misfits have misrpresented as being from the actual mission.

Snopes: "Yes, the clip is fake. It was shot in a studio in London in spring

2002. It was based on an idea by director Adam Stewart, who was a space exploration nut. He had read the conspiracy theory sites and decided he wanted to make a spoof based on the idea that the Apollo 11 moon landing was faked."

I worked with a NASA engineer who explained the lunar lander computer "failure" to me. The flight control program was a round-robin loop that included resetting a watchdog timer which would light the failure lamp if it timed out, presumably meaning the loop had crashed. The delay was sized to be longer than any possible loop duration but more code was inserted afterwards, IIRC by programmers who didn't fully understand the hardware timeout.

No pre-flight simulation or test exercised the calculations to the extent that the moon landing did, so the loop expanded enough that it let the fault lamp blink. The computer was working properly, just harder than expected.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Sounds just like the problems that Gunner has... trying to get someone to believe that he says.

Reply to
John B. Slocomb

That's a decent explanation of the symptoms, but not the cause.

This is the best explanation of the root cause of the errors that I've ever seen:

No, a "checklist error" did not almost derail the first moon landing The cause of Apollo 11?s landing alarms is actually a lot more complicated. LEE HUTCHINSON - 7/28/2015, 12:55 PM

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Findley

Thanks. The hardware engineer who told me the story wasn't sure exactly what went wrong. It's rare to find someone highly qualified in both hardware and software. Sometimes tasks that combined both fell to me, a self-taught technician.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

The Soviets were also tracking and controlling their own simultaneous moon lander mission, meant to steal some of our glory but instead an embarrassing failure.

"The simultaneous missions became one of the first instances of Soviet-American space cooperation: the USSR released Luna 15's flight plan to ensure it would not collide with Apollo 11, though its exact mission was unknown."

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Trump symbolized the loss of their dream world that continues owing them a living and unearned respect after their parents stop.

The Government's counter-offer is to provide the necessities of existence in exchange for serving in the Army.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Military and commercial uses for space are nearly identical, widespread or global communications.

Clinton cut back at first, then he discovered the godlike power to see and strike anywhere that aerospace electronics could give him and restored the cuts, like Midnight Basketball which had come directly from our appropriation. Advanced tech including GPS, satellite communications, TLAM cruise missiles and the early drones became a booming business during his second term.

When the Iridium satellite phone project went bankrupt we looked at how the government might use it. Newer satellites include a receiver for ADS-B, which can continuously monitor aircraft anywhere on the planet, and whose absence was lamented after the Malaysian airliner vanished.

Jim Wilkins

As practiced in the US, military spending is also a social program, the difference being that it supports scientists, engineers and skilled production workers in excess of what the consumer economy requires. It's production that doesn't depend on consumer consumption and can be adjusted up or down at will. The Left publically hates and denies it because they don't control it, but they still demand their district's fair share.

Ironically it was Democratic President Roosevelt who first applied Keynesian demand creation policy to the defense industry.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins