Re: November Snow In Texas? Experts Warn Decreased Solar Activity Will Shatter All Global Climate Models

On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 22:30:58 -0600, Martin Eastburn

You mean "CLIMATE CHANGE"??? How does it not fit? Just because the "great state of texas" got hit with record cold and snow does not invalidate the "global warming"model either. As big as Texas is, it's just a knat on the ass of Earth as a whole. Raising ocean temperatures on aveage only a degree or two (and note -AVERAGE - could be 4 degrees someplace and still have the Texas gulf coast waters cooler than normal by a few degrees) can drastically change "weather patterns" around the world - contributing to record cold and mid-november snow in Texas - as well as record cold mid-november in Central Ontario and record heat as recently as September - - - -
That's why it is called "climate change".
Not saying what's causing it, or that it is within Man's power to change it - but definitely not saying it is NOT either.

wrote: (snip)

Climate models which have never, ever worked, as they add gobs of extra data points to them every month of every year, and they're still iffy as hell. They can neither predict future climate nor accurately verify their accuracy by going backwards in time with all that data. Feh.

"Climate Change" was simply the new buzz word for "Global Warming" when that bogus hoax failed miserably. You alarmists just don't get it. Mankind is now doing everything it can to =avoid= screwing with the climate. Meeting all the changes suggested by all of the alarmist protocols (Kyoto Protocol, Paris Accord, Copenhagen, etc.) would have a less-than-measurable effect on climate, not even the half degree they want. Give me a break.
The UN wants to take over the world with its Agenda 21. George Orwell wrote a little book about something similar, and today's Left is paralleling so =many= of its ideas it's truly scary.
We're in between Ice Ages and not quite to the point where it starts going down again. The sun is hiccupping. Almost all countries are starting to curtail their output of air/water/heat/chemicals into Earth's environment. Where we end up is anyone's guess.
But if you think bashing us back to the Middle Ages, as alarmists want, will do anything but set back civilization, you're absolutely mistaken.
What is the total global warming count from forest fires lately? Tree huggers have caused untold heat, smoke, and toxic gases into the air through their stranglehold on our national forests. Some 20,000 people have lost their homes as a result of fires which shouldn't have happened in the first place. The Left truly needs to buy a clue.
(snip)

That's why the Leftists adopted the buzzword. They look "smart" either way the climate changes. Well, at least to themselves and the unenlightened.

Well, maybe you're not quite as alarmist as I thought. There may be hope for you yet.
--
"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined
and that we can do nothing to change it look before they cross
On 11/24/2018 1:12 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 19:49:36 -0600, Martin Eastburn

After being "astounded" by a piece of ice shelf breaking off (which took over five years to happen), they just gloss over the 94 newly discovered volcanoes under Antarctica. But it's man's fault the shelf cracked.

And it's all man's fault, right? Where do they get their scripts?

--
"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined
and that we can do nothing to change it look before they cross

From Chicken Little, or maybe George Orwell. Cold is the new hot.
Why aren't the True Believers telling us in detail how they personally have reduced their fossil fuel demand? I've been reading MPPT solar controller reviews and have found hardly any users who measure and report the actual energy received.
This controller can graph the data: (Amazon.com product link shortened)
On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 13:21:35 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"

Exactly. I could show them the $88/mo electric bills when I moved here and $34 now.

That sucks. I'd love to see it, too.

I'd like to get one of these once I get more panels:
A pair of MPP Solar's LV2424 Taiwanese units https://is.gd/gQb3XF $1,320, split phase up to 4kw
Or Schneider's Conext 865-4024 unit $1,625 4kw split phase. https://is.gd/xPBjHw
https://is.gd/iStrPT This is similar to the one I got (not the LCD screen model) for $26, and one came with the panels. I know it's not real MPPT, but for that price, the backup controller is available.
--
"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined
and that we can do nothing to change it look before they cross
On Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 10:21:35 PM UTC-8, Larry Jaques wrote:

Fault, no; responsibility, yes. Volcanic activity in Antarctica (the continent) and an ice shelf over the adjacent ocean, have no real connection. Continents are HUGE, those 'volcanoes' are pinpoints.
Tell that pinpoint to Hawaii.
When the heat melts ice under an ice flow something has to give.
When will lava send black ice into the ocean ? The South pole is not Huge it only looks like it. Put heat under an umbrella and see what wakes you up.
I didn't say it was man's fault. Just 'mans' fault for not knowing wider facts that what is in their face. Most environmental types are like that. Single minded.
They don't care the Sun is hotter than ever. The Sun never had a black spot. The sun never spewed large flows of Plasma into space. Melted Mars poles. One just flew by and mostly missing us but burned our satellites that were old. Etc.
Martin
On 12/1/2018 2:44 AM, whit3rd wrote:

On Mon, 3 Dec 2018 22:10:00 -0600, Martin Eastburn

I agree that humans should clean up their act, and in many respects, that is happening. Now that almost everyone's aware, almost everyone is participating. Responsible for fake climate change? Not _even_.

I wouldn't have seen your silly post if Martin hadn't responded.
When the volcanic domes flexed the continent, the crack finished? They have raised the area. How is it Man's responsibility to stop volcanic activity where no man is?