Re: Source for 1/4" x 32 set screw?

here ya go

kndmachine

Wow, I don't think that is right. !/4" standard threads are 20 and 28.

I'm thinking this may be a 6 mm x 0.8 metric screw.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I just bought one from Bridgeport and it is indeed 1/4-32

kndmachine

Wow, I don't think that is right. !/4" standard threads are 20 and 28.

I'm thinking this may be a 6 mm x 0.8 metric screw.

Jon =============================

1/4-32 UNEF is found on Alco miniature toggle switches and model engine glow plugs.
Jim Wilkins

I just checked. 1/4-32 is a standard for UNEF.

UNF is indeed 28 and UNC is 20 though.

I often forget to check for UNEF threads until confronted by one.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Yes, I've seen it on miniature switches, but never in a bolt or setscrew before. Learn something new every day!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I just checked. 1/4-32 is a standard for UNEF.

UNF is indeed 28 and UNC is 20 though.

I often forget to check for UNEF threads until confronted by one. =============================================

Here are some other odd threads you may encounter:

shows up in shower spray hoses that seal with a rubber washer, and hydraulic "swivel" fittings.
's another untapered version of a pipe thread.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins