Re: Source for 1/4" x 32 set screw?

On 7/24/2020 10:35 AM, Jon Elson wrote:

I just checked. 1/4-32 is a standard for UNEF.
UNF is indeed 28 and UNC is 20 though.
I often forget to check for UNEF threads until confronted by one.
Jim Wilkins wrote:

Yes, I've seen it on miniature switches, but never in a bolt or setscrew before. Learn something new every day!
Jon
I often forget to check for UNEF threads until confronted by one. ===========================================Here are some other odd threads you may encounter:
https://www.buyfittingsonline.com/pages/npt-vs-nps-vs-nptf-thread-connections-the-difference.html NPS shows up in shower spray hoses that seal with a rubber washer, and hydraulic "swivel" fittings. https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/female-pipe-swivels-npsm.html
https://paxtonhardware.com/blogs/news/lamp-thread-sizes It's another untapered version of a pipe thread.