Tires....help needed on choices

Moby the Truck is ready to go. Ive finished all the work on the E-350 and I need to put tires under her. She weighs almost 9000 lbs. The tires under her are at least 10 yrs old and when I got home this evening...the drivers side front had blown out..simply sitting on hot pavement. This was the spare...which I installed a month ago..after the drivers side tire... blew out. I bought these used, back in

2007, and they were decent tires..but they sat for at least 6 yrs unmoving, and I dont trust em to take out on the highway. They are sized LT 225/R75/16, 10 ply, load range E

Any suggestion as to brand etc etc etc would be greatly appreciated. Ive not had to buy heavy duty tires in decades...so its way the hell outside of my expertise.

terrain will be dry roads, HOT outside conditions most of the year, very little loading...they will be used mostly for pulling boats to the lake, and moderate road trips camping and so forth.

I need (5) of them and they need to be affordable, so Ill try to find some low mileage used ones at the various tire shops in the area. I live in Pickup Country...so there are lots of truck tires around.

Any idea of how to determine how old a tire is? I figure date of manufacture is marked somewhere on the tire....how do I find it and decode it?

Thanks!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

... already has a name, and it's Hotel Econoline. Get with the program already!

You've been saying that for a while. But still no license plates, right?

And a lot more, no doubt.

LOL It seems to be keeping ahead of all your stories about being oh so close to drivable.

Last April - "the E350 gets tagged this week"

March 2016 - "its going to cost another $300 or so to get the E350 back on the road, plus a smog."

Oct. 2015 - "Ill be registering and smogging the big E350 in the morning"

Loved this quote from the same thread -

"BTW..I own 100% of ..my property."

I saved that one for version 14 of the Wieber Cliff Notes, to put alongside this one. - ""Of course I dont own my lot."

Geez, you need help from three newsgroups for that? Are you trying to top Parody Wieber? Looking forward to your oil change thread... "any idea of which way to turn the drain plug?"

Reply to
It's Alright, Ma

You would be a great final addition...under that same drivers side tire. Care to volunteer? Or should someone drag you out there and allow the driver to proceed?

It did get tagged. Required a smog. Unfortunately I had to rebuild the engine. As I mentioned...the original oil turned into oatmeal and plugged off the lub ports. Shrug. Time and money. Slowly but surely.

(Snip)

Will you be laying down in front of the van or should we simply drive over you at speed?

Btw...the Ranger is almost done. We just (moments ago) drove it up 25 Hill and around at a nice steady 65 mph.

Should be done later today after it (the day) starts to cool off. I spent $52 at the Autozone this morning for a new " water heater block off valve", a gallon of antifreeze (pet safe) and several feet of various hoses. Last week we installed new intake valves in one head..replaced the other head...seems the guy who did my valves 3 yrs ago f***ed up badly..the inserts slipped deeper into the head...one valve was not even close to closing properly as the seat had sunk 1/8" beyond where it was supposed to be. Grrrr...I did take it to him and showed him...he blushed and paid for the new (used) head and new valves for both heads. But IRRC...did mention that.

So yeah...Im taking care of business...slowly..but steadily. Much slower than I wanted...shrug..but spending money involves figuring out who gets what this month...shrug. Then I get to think about ordering the tranny rebuild kit for the Chevy Venture. Oh..sorry Wuddy...different kind of tranny than the ones you are so familiar with. I should have said "transmission"...but that would have likely flagged your doctor in your brain...so...lets just leave it as Tranny.

So Wuddy...whats on the agenda for tommorow there at the Home? Red/White/Blue jello as a special treat?

Oh..the wife just called and we had a nice chat. You do know I sent her off to Michigan for 3 weeks, to see family she has not seen in 12 yrs...right? Took my truck repair money, for a couple months, to pay for it..but it was worth it to hear the happy in her voice.

Work has been picking up..slowly..but picking up. I did buy (4) Omniturns last month. Then I found an additonal 14.....

Now I have to install 6 of them in the next week or so. All the electrical, air and so forth. And Ive leased the first 4 Omniturns to a client. Ill earn my money back in 5 months...then they are turning a profit. Not a Yuge one....but a bit more than pocket money. Will pay my fuel costs out of it. Which is a very good thing, right?

What will you be doing Wuddy? Masturbating a lot while reading a copy of Thugs Life?

Laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh!!

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Talk talk talk talk talk.

It has no tags now, again, right? Why not do what normal people do, and re-up on expiry?

No, slowly and never.

Why did you snip out the two contradictory claims about owning/not owning your lot? LOL

How are you gonna' drive over me without tires or license plates?

You keep advertising that trailer trash lifestyle. How many buy in?

I'm thinkin' she used her dole money...

You always seem to be saying that, for years. What's your definition of "slowly" anyway?

Reply to
It's Alright, Ma

Im curious..you snipped out the part about me buying (4) OmniTurns and then leasing them to a machine shop. Did it not fit your agenda and you had to delete it? I notice you didnt even comment on them. Didnt ask how I was able to afford to buy them either. Fascinating how you tried to hide that.

You also snipped out the photos of all the Omniturns I bought for my client. And the parts about all the work Ive been hired to perform to get them into operation. Interesting indeed.

As I said..work has been getting better...slowly..but steadily.

(Grin)

You are such a pole smoker, Jonniboi.

Snicker...laugh....laugh laugh laugh laugh

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Oh quit your idiotic whining. I only leave in what I'm replying to, and I snip lots of my own words. If you think that repeating your lies will make them more believable then repeat them yourself. Always keep doing what's never worked before, right?

Yada yada. But you're still behind on your rent. Still needing charity from the power and gas company ratepayers. Still getting dole checks. Still getting free healthcare. Still letting taxpayers subsidize your trailer trash lifestyle. Etc. Classic phony conservative.

Yawn.

Reply to
It's Alright, Ma

What "Charitiy" are you basing your blither on? Be specific. Social Security?

Interesting if thats what you are calling "charity"

Running out of blither arent you? Keepers got you dosed up for the holiday? Too much Prozac?

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Disgusting that you pretend you deserve any of it, freeloader.

Reply to
It's Alright, Ma

You dont think my wife deserves her Social Security? Really?

Interesting.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

By your own admission, she's off on a vacation while her (and your) liens remain unpaid. Did she ever work? How long since you've filed an income tax return? So no, neither of you deserve a nickel of charity, but you both shamelessly take everything you can get.

Reply to
It's Alright, Ma

Her mom is dying. Hardly a "vacation for the fun of it" She has not seen her mom..or her family for over 12 yrs. It was Time.

So you are saying Social Security is "Charity"? That is what you are saying isnt it. Ill bet all the readers here who get Social Security are laughing at you at this moment.

Sure she did. Then her heart went to shit. Ive mentioned she is an ongoing test case with the doctors. Factor V Leiden. Rare enough to be studied. She was one of the first cases since it was discovered in

1994. She is a "standard" by which others are treated.

She got Social Security for the first time 3 months ago. Up to that point..Ive been the sole income in this house for the past 15 yrs.

Her $632 a month helps but certainly doesnt cover much..particularly when she has to travel to the doctor every week..sometimes 2x a week...which is a 74 mile round trip.

So I saved my pennies for the past year and paid for her to go back to Michigan. So much for your claims of "pissing it away". But we did know you are a dicklicker...shrug.

April of this year. Any other questions?.

What Charity are you babbling about? So far..you havent defined it or shown any Charity we get

Be specific. Use as much whitespace as necessary.

Double dog dare you.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

No. You two are supreme deadbeats, and by your own admission you only pay taxes when forced. It's the same with all the liens, and the healthcare. Your priorities are whatever suits you, obligations be damned.

Sensible people will not take your word for that.

Another attempt at a pity party! Too bad you previously let the cat out of the bag.

"Snip 2 yrs of lies about bills, dirty house, fights with the now 22 yr old boy who was as lazy as his mother, and as unable to handle any responsibilities as she was."

Good luck getting anyone to believe that. You might post the returns alongside the imaginary motorcycle registrations and photos of the invisible backhoe.

Yeah. List the readers you believe are dumb enough to take the word of such a well documented liar.

Reply to
It's Alright, Ma

So her mom isnt dying? Hallaluea!! Praise Be!!

What cat out of what bag? You realize that post was written

6/21/00....17 yrs ago...right?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Why should I? I dont give a shit if you believe me or not. You are a play toy. Notice Ive not kill filed you yet?

Is that an admission on your part?

ROFLMAO!!!

Reply to
Gunner Asch

yawn You're laughing that you told everyone your wife was a loser? So was she a loser as you said, or were you lying about that? Because it was one of the few things in that post that seemed to make perfect sense.

Reply to
Mr. Tambourine Man

She was indeed a loser and of the very worst sort. She has finally gotten her shit together...took her a couple more years after that post....but the last 15 yrs have been pretty decent. Now if the economy had cooperated...shrug

Still divorced or did you remarry? Tell the new one you were a drunk?

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Nope. She's living with a loser, and there's a reason for that.

Reply to
Mr. Tambourine Man

The opinion of a hate filled drunkard is noted with great amusement.

The reason you hide..is because you don't want anyone to find out who and what you are. And you have many many reasons to hide...dont you....

Snerk!!

Reply to
Gunner Asch

No matter who or what I am, it cannot change the fact that you two are lifelong losers who work to stay stupid, poor, and dependent on charity to survive.

Reply to
Mr. Tambourine Man

Again..the opinion of a hate filled drunkard is noted with great amusement.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

The acceptance and capitulation of an admitted charity case and well documented lifetime loser is noted with a yawn.

Reply to
Mr. Tambourine Man