Skiving Spindle Drive

This is the current drive and reducer soon to be replaced with a closed loop vector drive.

new panel we are building here and will be shipped to Mexico for us to install when completed with the motion control system.

Regards db

Reply to
Dave B

The new panel we are building here and will be shipped to Mexico for

I am not familiar with the word "skiving". Can you elaborate? Petty impressive piece of machinery.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

> The new panel we are building here and will be shipped to Mexico for

Sure, after a billet of PTFE is compression molded and heat treated they put the billet on the machine at about 225 deg. The feed axis consists of a knife blade four feet long.They feed the knife into the billet in inches per rev at about 8 rpm and the material comes off to a winder in a continous sheet. They then cut it into the desired dimensions of the finished product.Teflon tape is one example although tey skive to .250 thick

here is a picture of the material being skived, the teeth on the mandrel keeps it from spinning and is installed with a press.

db

Reply to
Dave B

>> The new panel we are building here and will be shipped to Mexico for

Oh, ok. Almost like peeling veneer from a log to make plywood. Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn