(Spamette) Free Rotary Phase Converter

Pardon, but I think this is close enough to the topic that I can be forgiven.

This item is located in San Jose, California. You may have it for free but you must arrange a safe means to lift and transport it.

It weighs a petite 330 lbs.

It is mounted on a pallet.

It's a RTG256 Gerhard Werner Rotary Converter. It was working when removed from service a few years ago. Pictures are available.

Fourth entry down in:

Good for running up to 34 HP worth of 230 VAC 60 Hz three phase motors from a single phase 230 VAC source! (17 HP total for heavily loaded motors).

Just appear in San Jose, CA with your pickup and a hoist!

You Know You Want It.

:)

Just answer here or click on my eMail button in:

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

PV is salivating and way too far away. ;)

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Winston's first law: The item you are currently fixing would be most useful in repairing it, if only it worked.

Winston's second law: The distance to any (large, heavy) tool for sale is directly proportional to it's desirability.

:)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Id love to have it..but how many amps does it take to run it?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Spamette? Is that different from a Spamlet, or perhaps Petit Spam? Gotta love it. But then I'm from MN, the home of the original Spam.

It's close enough to machine tools to be a share more than Spam, Winston.

330 lb, pfft. Takes two good friends. Mine are Ted and Evan. Engine block into the back of my pickup yesterday, thence to the scrapyard where it (and two axles with diffies)were unloaded with a crane-slung electromagnet. Man, that guy on the crane was a genius-good virtuoso. Tawk about skill and finesse...

I watched from a safe distance, since my ICD might not take kindly (or do me kindly) if subjected to the field of a magnet like that.

Reply to
Don Foreman

:)

I was searching for a term to denote 'forgivable advertisement'.

Too bad we can't convert internet Spam to real Spam!

I hoped you (collectively) would feel that way.

Big boys! I hope you feed them well.

And very under-appreciated, no doubt. You manage to escape the scrap yard with less than you brought in?

Designing the sense circuit to filter out the EMF from that monster must be quite a challenge. Did doc say anything about your ability to undergo MRI? One of the questions they asked me was "Are you a metalworker?" When I said "Yes", it took the interviewer a couple beats to decide how to react. Apparently that is a rare answer.

They shoved me in anyway.

:)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Corollary to Winston's second law: The price of any desirable machine tool is inversely proportional to its distance.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

On Sun, 24 May 2009 00:21:00 -0500, the infamous Don Foreman scrawled the following:

Spamette is a female spam. Is our Winnie going lez, a la Buerste? Egad, can we handle two of 'em?

I wondered about that, too. It's a metalworking freebie, not a spam (male or female.)

Those guys can be artistes, can't they?

Yeah, THAT field might be too strong for you even in a custom and grounded set of chain mail.

- Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.) -----------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 23 May 2009 22:59:53 -0700, the infamous Winston scrawled the following:

A freebie is always a forgivable ad, Winnie. Fear not!

I'd rather they figure out a way to deliver 1,000,000V @1A to the spammer via his keyboard than to gain pork bellies.

The guy at the local GP (Schnitzer Steel) yard (closed in 2009) was not one of those, but he was fun to watch. I wouldn't have let him unload me unless it was from my OLD truck I didn't care about.

With or without a security wand (cranked up to "super-sensitive") inspection first? I saw an episode of House, M.D. where the guy had lots of jailhouse tattoos. They said it was extremely painful as the metallic particles were leached from the skin during the MRI. I'm guessing it was a takeoff on reality. I'm sure that watching a metal shard shear its way out of someone's eye is something that an MRI tech wouldn't want to see every day.

- Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.) -----------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Karl Townsend wrote: (...)

Ha! That's for sure.

Must be some quantum - level activity there. Where each quanta masses 150 lbm.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

(...)

What are you saying about me and my sistah, Larry?

Good. I didn't want to anger anyone.

--Winnie

Reply to
Winston

(...)

Cool! Now all we have to do is figure out 'freebie transport' and we are in good shape!

(...)

There's a TV show on now called 'Mythbusters':

They found that tattoos using various ingredients were unaffected by even the powerful MRI magnet. So, too with RFID implants.

I guess it's a mass thing. (Note to self: remove SCUBA tank next time.)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

If none of the other lads wants it, Id be happy to drive up and get it, but it might be a couple weeks before I can get the time and money to go up there.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Winston, have you given it away yet?

igor

Reply to
Ignoramus24299

Twice, so far. :)

But seriously. I have two folks in line for it. One guy is going to get some applications info to see if it is a sufficient match to his application. The other guy plans to visit in a couple weeks if guy #1 decides against it.

Would you like to be 'Guy #3' Iggy?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Winston, would you be able to set it on a pallet outside, so that a common carrier liftgate pickup guy couldget his pallet jack to it?

Ignoramus24299

like Rolls Royce fuel economy:

If you have to ask, you're not the right person to own one anyhow..

Reply to
David Lesher

Sure!

It's on a pallet right now. I would want to coordinate with the shipping company to give them access and get paperwork signed, etc.

At this price, I'm not offering to crate it, bag it or band it.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

A friend with shrapnal in a leg got x-rayed twice before the MRI for that reason..

Reply to
David Lesher

That's 100 A minimum service and 233 (Two Hundred Thirty-Three) amps full load. (At 230 VAC 1 phase input.)

Heh. I am impressed!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston