Tell me about flrexible grinding/sanding pads (Roloc?)

On the car-building reality shows I see them using grinding/sanding pads
(on angle-grinder like tools) that are very flexible. The edge turns up
quite a bit. These pads are usually about 3" diam. This appeals to me
as a way of avoiding the gouges I put in with my stiff pads.
I've heard of Roloc & looked into them - they do seem to be this sort of
thing & offer different hardness'es in their backing pads. At least the
brand name Rolocs do, the clones don't & don't say if the pad is flexible.
There are are flexible backing pads that take pressure sensitive
adhesive (PSA) discs. Cheaper than Roloc, which is a quick-change
system. But do the discs stay put with all that flexing?
- is quick change worth it?
- Roloc or clone?
- what size is good? Less that 3" seems too small.
- comments?
Reply to
Bob Engelhardt
Loading thread data ...

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.